WA SE III Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't remember what the memo said exactly, but I seem to remember something about March 18. Hopefully we'll know something in the next 2 weeks. The wait is absolutely driving me nuts...
i talked to someone from the board this afternoon. he said the results would probably! be sent out next week. i asked what caused this delay! guess what he said? too many examinees this time!!!
Thanks for sharing this information ichiro!

Their November meeting minutes indicate that 159 people took the exam. This seems no higher than usual.
i reminded him about their latest meeting minutes figure. he insisted way more people took the exam last october. so i guess at this point there is not much we can do except waiting!!!

I can't remember what the memo said exactly, but I seem to remember something about March 18. Hopefully we'll know something in the next 2 weeks. The wait is absolutely driving me nuts...
i talked to someone from the board this afternoon. he said the results would probably! be sent out next week. i asked what caused this delay! guess what he said? too many examinees this time!!!
Thanks for sharing this information ichiro!

Their November meeting minutes indicate that 159 people took the exam. This seems no higher than usual.
i reminded him about their latest meeting minutes figure. he insisted way more people took the exam last october. so i guess at this point there is not much we can do except waiting!!!
I read through the meeting minutes from last year and if I remember correctly, the number was slightly higher than 159. In any case, the exam grading was done around Christmass. Post processing the data for 159 or 159,000 examinees should not be that different with an invention called spreadsheets :) I tend to believe the theory that someone was on vacation or was too busy to make a final decision for the passing score. I hope we are all wrong and they were actually taking their time to ensure the accuracy and fairness of grading.

So who thinks we'll get the results before Wednesday and who thinks after? I personally think it's going to be Friday.

So who thinks we'll get the results before Wednesday and who thinks after? I personally think it's going to be Friday.
I will be shocked if we got the results by Wednesday. I personally hope we get the results on Saturday. I will need a couple of days to get over it if the results were bad. Let's be realistic, there is an 80% chance the results will be bad :suicide1:

I will be shocked if we got the results by Wednesday. I personally hope we get the results on Saturday. I will need a couple of days to get over it if the results were bad. Let's be realistic, there is an 80% chance the results will be bad :suicide1:
if we get the results on friday or saturday, it is going to be less than 3 weeks before ncees 16-hr exam. this is almost mind boggling.

i applied for the spring exam and have not study an hour mainly because i took the test and feel good about it. but if i fail,i dont know if i can study the 16-hr exam in 20 days or so. what a dilemma!

waengineer, based on your topic/question regarding irregularities, it seems like you did not do enough in the morning part of the exam. hopefully did good in the afternoon and pass this thing.

good luck to everyone.

if we get the results on friday or saturday, it is going to be less than 3 weeks before ncees 16-hr exam. this is almost mind boggling.

i applied for the spring exam and have not study an hour mainly because i took the test and feel good about it. but if i fail,i dont know if i can study the 16-hr exam in 20 days or so. what a dilemma!

waengineer, based on your topic/question regarding irregularities, it seems like you did not do enough in the morning part of the exam. hopefully did good in the afternoon and pass this thing.

good luck to everyone.
I didn't post the irregularities topic :) I didn't do well in the morning session, but I thought I did well in the afternoon. Who knows! I heard of people walking away thinking they did great in both sessions and not pass.....

I didn't sign up for the 16 hour exam because I'm simply burned out because of the wait. I will need sometime off, if I end up being one of the unlucky 80%.

good luck to everyone.

I didn't post the irregularities topic :) I didn't do well in the morning session, but I thought I did well in the afternoon. Who knows! I heard of people walking away thinking they did great in both sessions and not pass.....

I didn't sign up for the 16 hour exam because I'm simply burned out because of the wait. I will need sometime off, if I end up being one of the unlucky 80%.
ooops! sorry. you are right! somebody else (close nick tough) started the irregularities topic. i believe not many people did well in the mornig building session. the first question was not that long but too detaild. i was kind of expecting something similar, to be honest. the second question (especially first 4 parts) was fair but almost needed full 2 hours to answer. anyone i talked did not do very weel in the morning. i think you have a shot if your afternoon is more than average.

anyway, waiting is not fun. hopefully they raise the rate little bit this time.

If the board delivers "on time", we should receive our little special letter in the next three days. I think Friday or Saturday are the most likely days, but tomorrow is a possibility. I'm looking forward to leaving this waiting state of mind. We waisted almost 5 months of waiting. That's a long long time to be stressed over anything........

Best of luck everyone!

Called the office this morning, and was told the results are being sent out this week, so we will get our luck this weekend or next Monday. Best wishes to myself and everyone.

Called the office this morning, and was told the results are being sent out this week, so we will get our luck this weekend or next Monday. Best wishes to myself and everyone.
the longest 3 days! it will be great all examinees active on this board passing this thing.

I hope we won't have to wait until Monday. That would suck! We are going to get the results tomorrow or Saturday. This is coming from the guy who predicted we would have the results by January 21st :thumbs: very credible LOL

According the DOL web site, the SE III cut score was decided two days on Wednesday. They didn't mention the actual score. I'm telling you, someone was on vacation and they were waiting for this VIP to have this conference call..... These guys simply suck!

Do you think they mailed the letters out on Thursday? I certainly don't have much faith in them. It looks like we will get the letters on Monday.....

According the DOL web site, the SE III cut score was decided two days on Wednesday. They didn't mention the actual score. I'm telling you, someone was on vacation and they were waiting for this VIP to have this conference call..... These guys simply suck!
Do you think they mailed the letters out on Thursday? I certainly don't have much faith in them. It looks like we will get the letters on Monday.....

I think the next step is for the governor to write each result letter by hand (a whopping 159 letters), using paper that has been certified as having been logged in Washington. Then they need the state legislature to certify the governor's executive action, but that won't be possible until a quorum can be formed, sometime after spring break.

Nothing here either, looks like we have to wait till Monday, assuming my other theory isn't true!

Nothing here either, looks like we have to wait till Monday, assuming my other theory isn't true!
The count down clock shows 19 days left, not for the exams in April!

Last edited by a moderator:
if they cut passing score on wednesday, we may not get the results till september. i really dont see those guys type 150+ letters in 5 months. it will take them a week to buy stamps.

The count down clock shows 19 days left, not for the exams in April!

I wonder how many people will be taking the new test in a few weeks because of this. Maybe if those people pass the new test and then get word that they already passed last October's test, they can be designed something unique, like Double-Secret SE.

Back