WA SE III Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think this week is THE WEEK! Look for your letters on Friday or Saturday :dancingnaughty: I gambled by not signing for the April exam. Honestly, I don't think I can get myself in an exam taking mode after this long wait. If I don't pass, I will need at least a couple of months of not thinking about this exam.

Good luck all. The wait is almost over! :sharkattack:

WAEngineer,

Do you have some inside information that would suggest this week? I thought the memo we received a few weeks back indicated it would be mid-March before we should receive the results.

WAEngineer,Do you have some inside information that would suggest this week? I thought the memo we received a few weeks back indicated it would be mid-March before we should receive the results.
The only inside information I have is that grading was done around Christmass :)

WAEngineer,Do you have some inside information that would suggest this week? I thought the memo we received a few weeks back indicated it would be mid-March before we should receive the results.
The only inside information I have is that grading was done around Christmass :)
Not to get anyone's hopes up, but the License search website is currently down for "maintenance". I wonder if they're adding Structural endorsements to licenses?!

Not to get anyone's hopes up, but the License search website is currently down for "maintenance". I wonder if they're adding Structural endorsements to licenses?!
The website information is updated daily at 3:05 Am. I check every day around 3:10 Am :) I'm serious :dancingnaughty:

You know guys, why are we in a rush to know the results? It is funny how immediately after the test, I thought I did not make it. As days went by and my memory started to fade, I actually started to believe that I could pass LOL My initial thoughts are probably correct, but it is nice to think you actually have a chance! I'm starting to like the state of suspense we are all in :party-smiley-048:

I have felt the opposite. Leaving the test and the couple of weeks following, I felt really good about what I did. Whether or not that is good enough for the graders, beats me, but nevertheless, I felt confident. As the weeks have passed, my confidence has waned, especially after seeing comment and comment regarding the typical 20% pass rate and the picky nature of the grading system. I hope I passed, but if not, it may give me an excuse to visit Seattle again in the fall.

I have the same feeling as TTU. I have completed all problems and felt very good, but the waiting time makes me very exhausted.

I feel the same too. The longer the wait, the more hope diminishes. By the time we receive our results, people will be talking how they did in the new 16-hour exams.

Probably we all did well in the exam, well above the graders’ expectations and they’re having trouble in getting us down to the historical 20% pass rate by raising the bar (to 30/40!?). On the other hand, if they let most of us pass, they will not be able to balance the budget by administering the WA exam for just a few people, as some will go for the new 16-hour exam. Perhaps they will just pay to borrow the CA exam questions this October :)

The wait time is longer than the time preparing for the exam, unbelievable.

I think I did well on two questions, ok on one and very bad on the last one. I guess within a month we will know if this is good enough!

I thought the afternoon session was easier. I had my worst two questions in the morning session. I think I got into exam taking mood in the afternoon. I spent the first 20 minutes of the first morning question multiplying four numbers instead of adding them up. I wrote the equation correctly, but I was multiplying the numbers in my calculator!!! That is what happens when you just show up for an exam with very little practice :appl:

Last edited by a moderator:
^^ If it means anything McEngr, I used the tables on my steel problem during the CA exam. I'm not saying that I did it right, but I'm right there with you for using shortcuts during the exam.

I would call BS as well on those comments from the WA SE graders as well.

Having a passing rate of 20% to 25% every year can only be explained by one of the following:

1. College engineering courses are not adequate and need to be revised or

2. The SE III exam grading methods are not reasonable.

The problem is simply either in the exam takers or the graders :) I know engineers who are smart enough to manage engineering offices and manage projects worth 100's of millions, but they are not smart enough to pass this test. This is true with every exam, but especially for this exam, you really have to answer the ONE way the graders want you to answer. If you do any creative thinking, or take short cuts, then you are wrong :)

I personally won't let an exam define me as an engineer. This is my first time taking the exam. So what If I don't pass? Life goes on. There is always a next time!

I halfway expect to go home today to find another memo in the mail stating another delay, pushing it back to mid-April...

Can someone remind me what is it we are waiting for? I love the fact that they didn't even attempt to explain the cause of delay. At least they respected our inteligence! I can only hope that the delay is to ensure the accuracy and fairness of grading.

Can someone remind me what is it we are waiting for? I love the fact that they didn't even attempt to explain the cause of delay. At least they respected our inteligence! I can only hope that the delay is to ensure the accuracy and fairness of grading.
i wont be surprised if one of their main! guys is on a long vacation and they are waiting for him to say 20% is good again!!!

I can't remember what the memo said exactly, but I seem to remember something about March 18. Hopefully we'll know something in the next 2 weeks. The wait is absolutely driving me nuts...

I can't remember what the memo said exactly, but I seem to remember something about March 18. Hopefully we'll know something in the next 2 weeks. The wait is absolutely driving me nuts...
i talked to someone from the board this afternoon. he said the results would probably! be sent out next week. i asked what caused this delay! guess what he said? too many examinees this time!!!

i talked to someone from the board this afternoon. he said the results would probably! be sent out next week. i asked what caused this delay! guess what he said? too many examinees this time!!!
Thanks for sharing this information ichiro!

Thanks for sharing this information ichiro!

Their November meeting minutes indicate that 159 people took the exam. This seems no higher than usual.

Back