TEXAS RESULTS

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I switched jobs just before the exam and my old boss did not take it too kindly that I left so he wrote the board and basically withdrew his reference.
I had to submit a new reference for review before they would release the results to me.
Your old boss sounds like a real A**. Must help confirm you made a wise decision to switch jobs.

Well is has been a long grueling road but I finally got the official result today 7/15/08 I passed an 83.
Why did it take so long? I switched jobs just before the exam and my old boss did not take it too kindly that I left so he wrote the board and basically withdrew his reference.

I had to submit a new reference for review before they would release the results to me. the whole process took a little more than a month but it was worth the wait. I can finally call myself a P.E.
Congrats on the pass... and on getting out of your old job! That guys sounds like a real a$$hole! I can't believe the board didn't let you know that your reference had been withdrawn!

I know someone else that that happened to. He had to go before the board and prove he was competent- at least you didn't have to do that! I think he had more than one rference revoked though...

CONGRATS!!!

I got my certificate yesterday!
Congrats to you - but check it carefully.

I am a "Jr." but my first certificate didn't include the Jr., even though all my other TBPE stuff does. So I sent it back in to have it corrected. Not only did it take like 7 weeks to get it back, but the new one has two new mistakes!

1. It now states "original certificate issued on June 27, 2003" - ummm, no - but thanks for adding 3+ years of licensure.
  2. and the gold seal is not straight! It is turned about 80 degrees clockwise!
Even though both of these bug me, I have not decided whether to send it back yet. I realize that I am the only one who will notice.

Congrats to you - but check it carefully.
I am a "Jr." but my first certificate didn't include the Jr., even though all my other TBPE stuff does. So I sent it back in to have it corrected. Not only did it take like 7 weeks to get it back, but the new one has two new mistakes!

1. It now states "original certificate issued on June 27, 2003" - ummm, no - but thanks for adding 3+ years of licensure.
  2. and the gold seal is not straight! It is turned about 80 degrees clockwise!
Even though both of these bug me, I have not decided whether to send it back yet. I realize that I am the only one who will notice.
Do you have to send the old one in to get a new one? Why don't you just bitch at them until they agree to send you a new one? That way, you have one to show off until you get the one that hase the correct data on it.

Do you have to send the old one in to get a new one? Why don't you just bitch at them until they agree to send you a new one? That way, you have one to show off until you get the one that hase the correct data on it.
With the first one they told me that I had to send in the old one first - but you're right - seems like I could send them a copy of the new, bad one and agree to send it in when I get my new one. I must admit I didn't even think of that.

Back