Can I give exam in one state and apply for license from another state

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunshine

Reaction score
Hi,
Question 1. I would like to know if I select to give exam from state A, can I apply for licensure from state B for PE?

Question 2. Also, I gave FE from SC but wanted to apply for EIT from texas, but texas needs me to transfer FE results from SC board. Is there any way to do that?

Question 2. Also, I gave FE from SC but wanted to apply for EIT from texas, but texas needs me to transfer FE results from SC board. Is there any way to do that?

The TBPELS website has a section of the website with EIT FAQs. From that page, either use your MyNCEES account to confirm the out of state FE results, or complete a verification form for SC to send your results to Texas.

https://pels.texas.gov/lic_eit_exinfo.htm#reciprocity

For 1, Yes in most cases. Some states have a residency requirement, so obviously it won't work in that case. Definitely check with the state board.
For 2, Texas requires a Texas EIT certificate. Use the NCEES record. Send SC results to NCEES, then from there send it to Texas.

Back