TEXAS RESULTS

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Passed! Structural I. First try. So relieved! Happy happy ... :party-smiley-048:

Check your email. I got an email from TBPE with my PE number and instructions for creating a seal.
Just got it- apparently those went out in alphabetical order. :-/ And so did our numbers. :-( But that's okay I GOT ONE!!!

Btw- stamp is on order!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I passed with an 83!!! (Mechanical/HVAC) Thanks to everyone on this board for all the valuable information you have provided!!!

:multiplespotting:

Congratulations squishles10 !!!

Congratulations also to jaxengr, aggie5857, PE4ME, chainmeh, AmandaD, EE_Mark, maria, JT747, lhwalker, Aggie01, cbcivilengineer, jakeh, and TheBigD !!!

:multiplespotting:

For those that didn't pass, don't despair. I've been there twice. It's a suck-y feeling, but there is life after exam results. We're here to help.

Congrats to all the Texans who passed!!! Speaking of Texas, did you know that if you're a an engineering faculty member (professor) at one of the universities, you don't need to take the PE exam to get your license?! Is that fair?!

Congratulations to all the Texans who passed.

I also passed PE ELectrical Exam at 73 ... That was real close !!!

Congrats to new TX PEs!

Questions:

Is your numerical score the percentage of correct answers? I ask this because in the "old days" (before cut scores), 48/80 (60%) correct answers was passing, which equated to a "score" of 70. There was some kind of sliding scale to translate the number of correct anwers to the numerical score. I'm wondering if any of you in TX know if your score is direct percentage of number correct or this "translated" score?

Also...

Do failers also get numerical score? If so, could you share your scores? Those of us in other states (who only get pass/fail) would love to know your scores, so maybe we could figure out the cut score.

I failled the Civil/Transpo, so I'm particularly interested to know failing and passing scores for this exam. If enought people reply, we can home in on the pass/fail borderline.

Thanks,

David

Congrats to new TX PEs!Questions:

Is your numerical score the percentage of correct answers? I ask this because in the "old days" (before cut scores), 48/80 (60%) correct answers was passing, which equated to a "score" of 70. There was some kind of sliding scale to translate the number of correct anwers to the numerical score. I'm wondering if any of you in TX know if your score is direct percentage of number correct or this "translated" score?

Also...

Do failers also get numerical score? If so, could you share your scores? Those of us in other states (who only get pass/fail) would love to know your scores, so maybe we could figure out the cut score.

I failled the Civil/Transpo, so I'm particularly interested to know failing and passing scores for this exam. If enought people reply, we can home in on the pass/fail borderline.

Thanks,

David
Howdy Ya'll! Just wanted to congratulate all the new Texas PEs. I graduated from UTA in '94 but live in Arizona now. Passed the FE my Senior year but went into the construction field and never thought I would need a PE so never took the exam. I got a job a year ago with a smaller City just outside of Phoenix. The Engineering Department I work in requires a PE to make it further up the ladder than Associate Engineer. It was tough to get back into studying all this stuff again, but I actually started enjoying it after the old knowledge started resurfacing. I'm glad I passed it the first time, but in a way I wish I would have done it in Texas. Maybe I'll make my way back to the Big D some day, sure do miss the Tex Mex, especially Uncle Julios. Anyway, hope everyone is basking in the good feeling of being done with the test and for those that unfortunately did not pass, don't give up. If an over the hill engineer can pull out a passing grade, there is hope for everyone. Go Cowboys! :unitedstates:

Well is has been a long grueling road but I finally got the official result today 7/15/08 I passed an 83.

Why did it take so long? I switched jobs just before the exam and my old boss did not take it too kindly that I left so he wrote the board and basically withdrew his reference.

I had to submit a new reference for review before they would release the results to me. the whole process took a little more than a month but it was worth the wait. I can finally call myself a P.E.

did you get my message.?? i had included a contact in that, try emailing him.

Back