Ski Season is Around the Corner!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
most of the general area has 5 FT or so of real snow - but 2 of their main base lifts are not up yet due to a reconstruction project going long and the one side of the mountain open will have most of its runs closed because the US Ski Team practices there in November... I agree its a little early but when you are jonesing to go....

Keystone, Breck, A-Basin & Loveland, are all open, Winter Park opens tomorrow -

I am just going to plan to do some more hike up skiing & riding this weekend if the kids want to go..

They have the US team and other national teams, plus school and club levels from all over.  I used to think it was pretty cool to ride up with the elite racers on the chairlift, but the novelty has worn off.  Especially when 12 year olds with no concept of personal space go flying across the front of your skis.

How many days you bitches got?  ;)

I got 5 as of 12/24... (Cement probably already at 10)

1. I only have a 7 day pass, so I save those for after New Years, when my kids have ski lessons and the wife and I get a ski date every Saturday.

The snow has been unreal so far - even with the failure of the new owners at Copper to get both lifts running on time, its been a great first month.

What's a 7 day pass go for at Snowmass? (assuming that's where you go?)

I got an iron / wax / ski tune kit for Christmas, did one of the kids snowboard yesterday, seems pretty easy to do. Well see if it actually works when he goes to use it again, lol..

Super Early rate for 7-day Classic Pass, good at Aspen, Snowmass, Buttermilk and Aspen Highlands is ~$450. Full season Pass, Super Early, Chamber rate is $1,400 ($1,900 without the chamber rate).

Y'all can water/mud ski just about anywhere you want in NC right now for free!

My 5 and my sisters 5 are going to Steamboat the end of March for about 3 days of skiing.  Anybody know of a discount on rental or lifttickets in that neck of the woods?

Last edited by a moderator:
Last year when we skied Steamboat Alaska Air had a promo that you got to ski for free the day of departure.  Just had to show our boarding pass, the flight left in the evening so we got to ski all day.  the other two days we got some kind of deal(can't remember how good it was) when we purchase a package(room+lift tickets). 

We got a good deal at Breckenridge doing that, but we are staying with family so... 

I was out at Loon in NH Monday.  The conditions were good and no lines.   So far decent season out east.  

When we lived in NJ we would drive right past VT to ski NH and avoid the crowds and NY crazies.  Loon was always nice. 

But Waterville would shut down half the mountain when it got a little windy.

When we lived in NJ we would drive right past VT to ski NH and avoid the crowds and NY crazies.  Loon was always nice. 

But Waterville would shut down half the mountain when it got a little windy.
The top lifts were delayed an hour or two due to wind.   Didn’t seem that bad though.  I’ve been to Sugarloaf on a windy weekend and they shut down the mountain.  That ended up as a weekend at the bar. 

damn 24! maybe I need a different job!

I am at 7 days as of last weekend - which is good for me, wife and daughter went Monday, almost 8 inches of fresh stuff -  I am trapped at work!!

I'm now at 2! Went last weekend, had a lot of fun. The local's ski school (for the kiddos) starts this weekend, so I'll be out every Saturday. @cement, hit me up when y'all are coming up!

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m only at 1.  First time out since spraining the knee last year.  Felt okay finally.  :D

Latest posts

Back