Ski Season is Around the Corner!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If there are groomer ski's that works in calf to knee deep snow let me know, but my experience is there is a reason they make separate types of ski's- regardless of how much money you spend on them

technically, these are an all mountain ski... and yes, they rock the pow.

Last edited by a moderator:
How does Loveland look? Is it worth burning one of my 5 pack days for Sunday? Video ski patrol Posted this am looked nice!

I had heard there was 3-4 feet of new snow at some of the Mountain Passes this weekend so I went and did some  hike in skiing (snowboarding)this weekend - only did two runs but it was pretty awesome -

And no Lift Lines!

The pic on the left is the "staring" point on the garmin pic on the right - it would be nice if google maps would also have winter aerial photos ;)

You can see some sweet turns on the garmin tracker ;)

IMG_1046.JPGIMG_1057.jpg

Here's what I've been running for about three or four seasons now:

Skis.jpg

Head Xenon X1 10.0, 175 cm.

I had heard there was 3-4 feet of new snow at some of the Mountain Passes this weekend so I went and did some  hike in skiing (snowboarding)this weekend - only did two runs but it was pretty awesome -

And no Lift Lines!

The pic on the left is the "staring" point on the garmin pic on the right - it would be nice if google maps would also have winter aerial photos ;)

You can see some sweet turns on the garmin tracker ;)

View attachment 12084View attachment 12085
2lt6vt.jpg

Everyone skinning up in ski’s was my age or older - and all passing me pretty quick like...

I haven’t really looked into this but can I “free heel” on the way up but alpine ski on the way down? -

Honestly I think if I was in better shape and could get 5 runs in I would feel that would be a solid day. After the 2nd trip up I was pretty much done...

but can I “free heel”
I'm sure you'll be doing lots of healing, but it won't be free, and it won't be on the way up!

If there are groomer ski's that works in calf to knee deep snow let me know, but my experience is there is a reason they make separate types of ski's- regardless of how much money you spend on them
When I was in high school I skied everything with a pair of 205 k2 extremes. 

Snowmass got 10" last night, Aspen 6". I think we have already have more snow this season (since October 1) than we had all through last December!

It would be cool is this year is like 2013!

I am watching the tower cam for Coppers new Gondola at American Eagle and it isn't anywhere near done as far as I can tell.. (They also haven't mailed our passes yet) :(  guess they were caught off guard..

@cement have you all been by there yet? what's the scoop?

But I do already have one day of skiing in (Nov 4th!)

Also I have been window shopping some alpine touring ski's, boots and bindings and holy **** batman! $$$$$$$

Check craigslist for used AT gear. I need some new ski boots this year. I think I have seven seasons in my current pair, and I'm starting to slide around a bit inside them.

@Road Guythey're opening with the Super Bee lift this weekend since American Eagle and Flyer aren't finished yet.  I hope that they are collecting liquidated damages from the contractor. The new lifts are supposed to be ready for Thanksgiving.  

We were talking to a racer at A=Basin last week, she said they had 20 lanes (race courses) open at Copper for training so watch out for those stick chasers!

You can take an old board and make your own split board for hiking up, using your current snowboard boots.

https://www.wildernessx.com/splitboard-hardware-standard.html?gclid=CjwKCAiAiarfBRASEiwAw1tYv6BCrSW9vjGTDxde9YD1c4pOYODJBN7NXZPD0rjPlwMvY49vpv1XCxoCkAcQAvD_BwE#92=376&167=1884

then climbing skins would be another $150

super bee would be nice but like you said I have a feeling the racing runs will dominate whats available, I may just go do a jeep trail ride in the snow before they close them all down..

& I have been watching the tower cams and it looks like the new "Gondola" lift still has a ways to go - Not sure why that has drug out so long as its a fairly short lift? I didn't understand why they put the gondola on American Eagle as it doesn't lead to any beginner terrain? Holiday periods there will  be tons of newbs on Main Vain - It would have made more sense (to me) to put it where American Flyer is, since its such a long lift and serves multiple types of terrain...

I also saw Winter Park is getting a gondola - not sure if there's is open yet or not either..we went by there a month ago and the entire village was torn apart putting it in

not sure why they are even opening?? - on FB this was their reply to what is going to be open:

Copper Mountain Hey Mike, as of right now we expect to have Ptarmigan to Rhapsody over to Fairplay down to Skid Road back to the Super Bee lift right now, plus our beginner area Green Acres!

Back