SE Exam - October 2023 Lateral AM Study Recs?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

struct_ga

Reaction score
Hey guys - I've taken the lateral exam a few times now. Does anyone have a specific recommendation for the "structural systems integration" AM topic?
I consistently miss that small category of questions (2). I just don't know how to anticipate and practice these problems. Or learn it.

For PM - any general advice? I have no consistency on my results for lateral PM (for ex., conc has been A, A, then U on the last attempt).
If I had to boil down my overall problem, it's just orientating myself on the afternoon problems. Sometimes I feel like it's hard to understand how to get to what they are looking for without going down a bunch of rabbit trails, then the question they are actually asking (and how to get to the answer) finally clicks - like 10 min later. Anyone have general guidance on this? I have done ALL of the PM practice exams (maybe 10-15 times each). I find the actual exam to be ridiculously harder and longer.

I'm not completely hopeless - I've passed gravity first try a few years ago. I consistently get some A's on the PM portion of lateral, but it's always 1 U that is hanging me up.
AM scores were 18 (not prepared), 30, 25.

Back