Oct 2012 PE Results Pool

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All lies. Someone who passed started us all off on this chain to watch us all torture. I'm checking it every hour and i know better...

A friend told me that the Lousiana board sent out an email that said the PE results will be out within the week. But there is no real way to tell.
I hate to break it to ya but your friend is playing a joke on you. I took my exam there and no such email has or ever will be sent from the board like that.

so is it true that the result came in first for the losers? anyone knows?
Doubt it. I got my passing FE result at the same as everyone else, AFAIK. If there's any difference in posting time it's probably alphabetical, or something. And that would be maybe a few minutes difference. Not enough to notice for most folks.

So, I was told, if you add up the vowels in your first, middle, and last name, and it is an odd number, then you passed this time.

I also was once told there was a Santa Claus.

aparently your chances of passing are directly proportional to the number of posts on this website!

I wouldn't worry too much about expecting results this week. Every test I've ever taken with NCEES (including the FE), I got my electronic results on a Wednesday. So everybody calm down, enjoy the weekend and get back to the rat race next Wednesday lol

I never understood all the angst - with the holiday's coming up no one will be hiring or promoting until afterwards. Odds are you'll be too busy to resume studying right away. Grades get here December 6th or January 6th...does it matter?

Focus on something you can actually impact, like drinking too much at the office holiday party and making a buffoon out of yourself.

just spoke to Rebecca Sammons at the FBPE (Florida Board of PE) and I asked her if at Wednesday and Thursday Board Meeting was there any mention of the October Exam Results. Her response:

"We have nothing to do with the exams, NCEES just informs us of who passed or failed". For what it is worth I think that sheds a light of what influence the Florida Board has on the exam. Its interesting because I have read a couple of the past minutes of the board meetings back to 2010 and it just seems that the NCEES operates independently of the Board. It seems as if the NCEES governs all state boards. Just my opinion.

just spoke to Rebecca Sammons at the FBPE (Florida Board of PE) and I asked her if at Wednesday and Thursday Board Meeting was there any mention of the October Exam Results. Her response:

"We have nothing to do with the exams, NCEES just informs us of who passed or failed". For what it is worth I think that sheds a light of what influence the Florida Board has on the exam. Its interesting because I have read a couple of the past minutes of the board meetings back to 2010 and it just seems that the NCEES operates independently of the Board. It seems as if the NCEES governs all state boards. Just my opinion.
I think you are right on this one

I know the results in TN go to the TN board and they mail a package including information on getting a stamp, along with other stuff if you pass. I think if you fail it's just a letter. This is what I have heard from people who have taken the PE in 2011.

I would imagine the results will be released before the 14th here in Florida because that is the deadline for the Re-Examination applications to the Florida Board.

I know the results in TN go to the TN board and they mail a package including information on getting a stamp, along with other stuff if you pass. I think if you fail it's just a letter. This is what I have heard from people who have taken the PE in 2011.
This is exactly how Kansas does it too..

The Florida board’s deadlines for the April 2013 exams are as follows:

• Initial applications—October 12, 2012
  • Completion of initial application—December 14, 2012
  • Repeat examinee applications—December 14, 2012

So that's mean results will be out before December 14th. :group:

BUT NCEES ONLINE REGISTRATION - DECEMBER 17,2012.I am wondering if they can send the results in weekends or not?

I'm not sure if that's completely. In some states, like Louisiana and Washington where I took my FE & PE, they have set deadlines every year. So whether or not NCEES releases the scores before their deadline, you may just have to sit out for that exam. It happened to several people.

Not trying to be a buzz kill, but just don't want you or anyone else getting their hopes up just to be disappointed. Technically, NCEES states that scores are to be released 8-10 after the exam. Of course sometimes they come early but I wouldn't start "expecting" results until the 8 week mark.

Back