NFL FOOTBALL 2012

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The NFC East is a rough division. The Giants are the champs, Dallas is a good team, and the Eagles have potential if Dogkiller doesn't get hurt and Jackson tries (he should, he got paid), and Washington can be a thorn in someone's ass as they showed in NO.

I like Atlanta over the Saints given the semi-suspensions and actual coach suspensions. I don't know tons about the NFC as I root for an AFC team. The West will beat each other up, the South sucks other than Houston who I think is overrated, the East blows other than the Pats, and the North has the Steelers and Ravens.

In the pool I am in, I picked:

AFC Div Winners

Pats

Ravens

Texans

Chargers

WC

Steelers

Broncos

NFC Div Winners

Giants

Pack

Falcons

49ers

WC

Dallas

Seahawks

I picked GB over NE in the Super Bowl (I'm sorry Bill and Tom)

I bet the Giants don't make the playoffs. I predict Dallas making it in, but not taking it all. I do like SF, Saints, Pats, Baltimore not necessarily in that order. Green Bay is much better than they appeared in week 1, but they won;t go all the way - my $0.02.
No one picked GB in SB 45 either as they got in on a wild card. I tend to agree with the AFC picks above. Falcons and 9ers look pretty good this year too.

Hey K1F3, I love you bro (no homo of course). If it's Pack-Pats for all the marbles, we'll make a friendly bet.
Sounds like a plan! That would be a hell of a game. And actually, we are already looking for airline tickets to New Orleans before prices get outrageous. Planning to be there for the SB even if the Pack doesn't make it.

I might have to do something for SV XLVIII, being my hometown and all, despite the fact that the two teams I hate the most play there.

The way I see it, nothing can be worse than the one this year, and I don't mean the soul crushing loss to the Giants again. I mean no one can call me at 7 AM the next morning while I'm driving to work in the Boston area from suburban NY and tell me they want a divorce. (True Story)

I did make a Super Bowl bet with my mom, who loves football, particularly the Steelers. IF the GIants won, I had to make a New England feast, if the Pats won, she would make me a NY feast. I've also lost bets to my dog, which shows you how well I predict stuff.

I lost and made lobsters. Took the shells and guts and stuff and made a wicked pisser seafood chowder the next time I was in town, which was really good.

NFL network is making me hate the NFL
+1

BEars / packers games are too hard to predict...I'd love the bears to win but who know what will happen Thursday...
It's a great rivalry. I agree though, it's never a sure win one way or another unless some key player(s) is injured. And both teams haven't had much time to prepare with playing Sun. and again right away on Thurs. I'm just glad it will be televised locally so I don't have to worry about the NFL Network crap.
Good game snick. Boy was Cutler PO'ed at his O-line. He was taking a beating. Probably not your favorite play of the night, but that fake Packer field goal was pretty awesome. See you again in Dec. :)

She told you she wanted a divorce after the SB loss? Bit@&!!
The following morning. I was somewhere East of Hartford but quite to the Mass line yet when she called. She's a big fan of the team, I think that Brady/Welker drop with 4 minutes left made up her mind.

So the next time your team loses the big one, remember, it could worse.

On the flip side, wonder what would have happened had NE won that game...

Last edited by a moderator:
Well they certainly wouldn't have opened the season in the Dreadowlands.

I think this involves me somehow. I live in NY, they win 3 in 4 years. I move to New England for the next 7-8 years, they get fucked twice by the Giants in the big game plus that horrible playoff loss to the Jets no one saw coming that I paid $330 to suffer at in person.

I moved back to NY this spring. Expect them to both suck for eternity and New England to win 4 more.

Fuck Time Warner.

That is all.
Got room on your soap box for another tortured TWC soul?

They are the only game in town here sadly. There is a place down the street that has the games, so I'd go if NE were playing or it was a big matchup, but in general I'd rather watch at home. The beer and wings are somehow cheaper that way.

Damn - VT

That story of your ex is sad stuff. Losing the game sucked bad enough. Couple that with the hangover and d-bomb and we're lucky you didn't check out.

Sports is all rigged. They give the big markets just enough love to keep us coming back. Than it's decades of pain. I expect the decades of pain in NE have begun. Not my preference, but just what I now believe having lived thru most of my life with no championships until the recent flood gates opened with NFL, NBA, MLB and NHL banners. I can no longer complain my teams suck and neither can any other NE fan. Just remember what it was like for eons..........

Don't give me that "oh whoa is me" crap from New England. Between each of the 4 major sports (NFL, NBA, MLB, & NHL), you all can just go suck a big one.

Edit: I'm only referring to the sports world. VT, that $hit your ex pulled no doubt is F-ed up.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm also a Mets fan. I can whine as much as I like. I split my time between NY and NE, so I have mixed rooting interests.

I've always been a fan of the Denver teams as well. My old man went there for business a lot when I was a kid and brought me back all sorts stuff. His friend's brother was a ticket broker in the area and he basically got to sit in the front rows of good games for free. Now that Seyton Manning is there, I'll cross the Broncos off my list for the time.

I never took in a Broncos game in person, but did see the Rockies play once. Coors Field is nice, and plays like a pinball machine.

Dex - no one said anything about whoa is me. Just stating the facts for those unfamiliar with the pre-winning New Engalnd sports era. Once upon a time the area was cursed by more than the Babe.

Yeah, about 2 hours until this.

135505899_display_image.jpg

Latest posts

Back