NFL FOOTBALL 2012

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is me or Manning's is lacking a lot of zip on his passes? I know Chucky and Mike only said positive things about the all mighty Peyton Manning but it looked to me like his passes were lacking velocity. Those three pics were not a coincidence.

They did a MPH comparison in his first game back, and he was something like 3 mph off what he clocked pre-surgery.

I am all for people to get chances to shine but these replacement officials are terrible. Sometimes the flag come so late that you can never be sure until the next play is going on. Are we in for a penalties record setting season? It does look that there is a flag every two plays. Sadly is becoming the norm.

I am all for people to get chances to shine but these replacement officials are terrible. Sometimes the flag come so late that you can never be sure until the next play is going on. Are we in for a penalties record setting season? It does look that there is a flag every two plays. Sadly is becoming the norm.
or a flag is thrown and it takes 2 minutes for them to even state what the penalty was for.

The number of penalties *called* is on par with last season. My theory is that the players are actually committing more penalties and the refs just can't keep up. This is more and more evident with all these after-the-whistle scrums. The refs have no control over these games at all.

You know they're bad when they manage to get emotion out of Belichek...

^the bears/rams game was like that...the Rams where very big instigators in post whistle shoving. Very obvious and out of control.

He was riding them all night before he grabbed the one ref.

I don't fault the refs. They're doing their best, and are used to small time, low level college games with 2,000 people in the stands. Not the speed and intensity of the NFL. I fault the league and the NFLRA for not getting something done and giving us this inferior dreck on the field.

Phantom flags that get picked up, poor explanation of penalties, 4 hour games, long conferences between the crew, lack of control of the players.

We're bitching about it now, but wait until something definitivly changes the outcome of the game. Or even worse, screwing a team out of the playoffs or blowing a playoff game.

There were a number of upsets yesterday for sure. I watched the SNF game and it was interesting to hear what CC and AM had to say about some of the calls. Can't believe that 2nd kick at the end and Billy grabbing one of the officials. Good to see him fired up for a change.

EDIT: got rid of the poll

Last edited by a moderator:
The players could similarly refuse to play. But hey, they want their pay, as would I.

The gag order from the league to owners and the other one to coaches to lay off the refs is a sign that they know the situation is trouble.

As long as networks continue to pay billions and to a lesser extent fans watching and showing up, nothing will change.

I got a hike lined up all day next Sunday, so I won't miss the shitstorm.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back