EB NFL Pick 'em League (2016)

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who will take last place again this year?

• NJmike PE

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • bradlelf

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • MetsFan

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Hard to go against Denver at home ....unless the guy from Memphis state plays qb....

I had picked the broncos until I found out they were starting a division 3? QB and was just able to switch back with a few minutes to spare

& it was good to finally see big ben wearing prison uni's this weekend

Prison uniforms aside, he was probably my smartest pick this year.  37 pts last night.  Coupled with Elliott's 28 pts, Howard's 21 (picking him up was a smart move), a 21 point day from Vinatieri, and a 20 pt day for the Bills (glad I dropped the Jets D), it made for a pretty easy week.  My opponent had a 92 point week, and I'm at 148 pts with Evans at WR yet to play.

I have either lost interest or am getting to old and forgetful, for my work FF team I am still 3-2 but I have lost the last two games because I didn't move people from the bench to the lineup and vice versa. really annoying.. I have kid **** Mon - Thursday after work till 8. I drink heavily on Friday and Saturday and by the time I wake up Sunday its too late to move my players around..

Some of the more fun people at work that used to play didn't play this year, coupled with we have a couple of old lady's playing, which has resulted in people backing off the smack talk I believe..

I finished solidly at the top of the bottom half...again

I would have given KF a much better run for it if I hadn't forgotten to get the picks in before the Thursday game...twice.

Honestly if they did away with the TNF games I would be much happier as a fan, and for FF.  Most times during the week I don't really think about football until Friday / Saturday.

I don't  really care for the format of this particular pick em leaugue, I don't like the default being that you lose the max points if your miss one of those TNF games.

Ya the format could stand to be improved. I don't like how it forces you to make ALL your picks at once. It used to be that you could do a pick for the day of that particular game and leave the rest for later. Plus the CBS sports app is pretty awful.

I could look at using a different provider next season if anyone has any suggestions. I was in another league that used Yahoo but that format was even worse IMO.

I could look at using a different provider next season if anyone has any suggestions. I was in another league that used Yahoo but that format was even worse IMO.
It would be a totally different shift and more work for the league runner, but the other Pick 'Em league I do is just based off of a spreadsheet that lists each week's games. You pick against the Vegas spread from a predetermined time every week, before TNF is played (some time on every given Tuesday, I think). I like it because it's super duper simple, though it is definitely more work for the owner of the league, as he tallies the correct scores himself, and types out all of the games every week, and also keeps a running tally of everyone's total scores as the season goes on.

Perhaps not the right solution for this forum, as it's not automated and also would be organized slightly differently in terms of the picks.

Congrats to those who placed in the league this season and to those that didn't, better luck next season!  Perhaps we can look at trying out a different provider for next season too.  For those that placed, I will work on the payouts ASAP and will likely make transfers via PayPal if that is ok.

1st Place - knight1fox3 - $40 (BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!)

2nd Place - @Flyer_PE - $25

3rd Place - @NJmike PE - $15

4th Place - @MetsFan - $10

Thanks for playing everyone!

Regards,

The Commish

Congrats to those who placed in the league this season and to those that didn't, better luck next season!  Perhaps we can look at trying out a different provider for next season too.  For those that placed, I will work on the payouts ASAP and will likely make transfers via PayPal if that is ok.

1st Place - knight1fox3 - $40 (BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!)

2nd Place - @Flyer_PE - $25

3rd Place - @NJmike PE - $15

4th Place - @MetsFan - $10

Thanks for playing everyone!

Regards,

The Commish
$15! 6-pack is on me tonight!

I had fun again with this year, those stupid Thursday games f'd me over a few times.  I'll play again next year! Thanks @knight1fox3 for organizing it all.

Back