NFL FOOTBALL 2012

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RGIII put a show, Luck, had no luck. This is going to be an interesting season. It was curious to see how the vultures (aka media) were circling around the JETS and suddenly, the team is irrelevant because they won a game. The experts were hoping for them to loose to bash Sanchez, Tebow, the coach the GM, and everybody else. The team wins and they have nothing to say. Then Manning takes center stage, which I think is right, but the game RGIII had was incredible. I know is just a game but it was superb.

If you ask me today who will win the Super Bowl, I will pick the 49ers. Something tells me this is their year.

The 49ers were solid yesterday. They made the Packers look bad.
The Packers basically beat themselves. A number the starters looked a bit rusty out on the field. The way I see it, we lost to a very good team, and now there's no pressure on a 16-0 season.

Pffft. Like anybody picked Green Gay to go undefeated.

Lions in SF next Sunday! They'll show you how its done, and Harbough will respect the handshake :D

Pffft. Like anybody picked Green Gay to go undefeated.

Lions in SF next Sunday! They'll show you how its done, and Harbough will respect the handshake :D
You're right. 15-1 is still a pretty good season. We'll see if Stafford can get it done. See you week 11 sucka! ;)

Lets see you get past da Bears this Thurs first...your guys will likely have the coveted 4th spot locked down in the division :p

BEars / packers games are too hard to predict...I'd love the bears to win but who know what will happen Thursday...

BEars / packers games are too hard to predict...I'd love the bears to win but who know what will happen Thursday...
It's a great rivalry. I agree though, it's never a sure win one way or another unless some key player(s) is injured. And both teams haven't had much time to prepare with playing Sun. and again right away on Thurs. I'm just glad it will be televised locally so I don't have to worry about the NFL Network crap.

I think the first quarter issues cutler had were because he didn't play any preseason games. He had to get used to the environment again. He finally has an O-line to work with and he can play the way he likes to play...not having to play the martz style football. If his receivers stay healthy and his oline continues to block he has the recipe for success he just has to do it.

That's the key isn't it? "he just has to do it."

Having had to watch Cutler in Denver, I have little faith he will win it all in Chicago or anywhere for that matter.

but he stands a better chance than others before in recent times....so there's hope.

We know he will never be one of the greats...but good is better than bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Agreed. He is definitely capable of playing well. And I would classify Cutler as a "bad" QB. You never know, look at how well Romo played l;ast week versus the G-Men. It may just take time to develop guys like Romo and Cutler?

Post Season picks (based on Week 1 play)

SUPERBOWL

49'ers beating Baltimore (last year's brother bowl that didn't happen)

AFC Championship

Baltimore beating Denver

NFC Championship

49'ers beating Bears

I'm hesitant to take much out from Week 1.

I don't think the Giants or Bears or Packers are as bad as they are saying, nor do I think the Jets or Broncos or Redskins are as good as they showed this week. Houston is the experts' trendy pick. In the past, Arizona or Carolina were trendy picks, and they usually sucked. Let's see how good they really are. I like Atlanta as the surprise team this year. Dallas seems underrated too.

To me, it seems like there are a handful of really good teams, and then the rest of the pack. I'd be surprised if the champ wasn't the Steelers, Pack Pats, Giants, SF, or Baltimore.

According to cnnsi.com's power ranking released today, all is right in the world. All hail Dark Lord Hoodie and the Flying Elvii.

/>http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/don_banks/09/12/week-2-power-rankings/index.html?eref=sihp&sct=hp_t12_a0

I bet the Giants don't make the playoffs. I predict Dallas making it in, but not taking it all. I do like SF, Saints, Pats, Baltimore not necessarily in that order. Green Bay is much better than they appeared in week 1, but they won;t go all the way - my $0.02.

Latest posts

Back