NFL FOOTBALL 2012

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NFL network is making me hate the NFL
+1

BEars / packers games are too hard to predict...I'd love the bears to win but who know what will happen Thursday...
It's a great rivalry. I agree though, it's never a sure win one way or another unless some key player(s) is injured. And both teams haven't had much time to prepare with playing Sun. and again right away on Thurs. I'm just glad it will be televised locally so I don't have to worry about the NFL Network crap.
Good game snick. Boy was Cutler PO'ed at his O-line. He was taking a beating. Probably not your favorite play of the night, but that fake Packer field goal was pretty awesome. See you again in Dec. :)
Didn't get to watch...the hotel didn't have that channel....although not suprized by the outcome

Pffft. Like anybody picked Green Gay to go undefeated.

Lions in SF next Sunday! They'll show you how its done, and Harbough will respect the handshake :D
You're right. 15-1 is still a pretty good season. We'll see if Stafford can get it done. See you week 11 sucka! ;)
Bubbles just couldn't get it done. At least we're consistent in the NFC North, losing by 8 points and all. ;)

For those of you watching the Arizona - New England game, I have a question about a play near the end of the game. NE had just gotten the ball back and was trying to position themselves for the field-goal attempt when they got called for offensive holding. It was a pass play that started on the AZ 30 yard line, they had gained approx 10 yards, but were called for holding. Arizona accepted the penalty, but the next play started again at the 30 as a 1st & 10. It looked like NE was given credit for the 10 yard play (and the resulting 1st down), but then were pushed back 10 yards. It appeared to be treated like a holding play on a kick-off, not like a holding play from a line of scrimmage.

The way I understand it, if the offense is called for holding, the previous play doesn't count and the offense is moved back 10 yards. So in this case, NE should have been facing a 1st & 20 from the 40, right?

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't see the play but based on your description Dex I would have assumed that it should be 1st & 20, 10 yards behind the original line of scrimmage. Were there offsetting penalties or something?

No, I actually used my DVR to rewind and watch it a couple of times to see if I missed anything. The funny part is that the announcers didn't even say anything about it other than acknowleging the penalty happened.

Pffft. Like anybody picked Green Gay to go undefeated.

Lions in SF next Sunday! They'll show you how its done, and Harbough will respect the handshake :D
You're right. 15-1 is still a pretty good season. We'll see if Stafford can get it done. See you week 11 sucka! ;)
Bubbles just couldn't get it done. At least we're consistent in the NFC North, losing by 8 points and all. ;)
Yeah, Stafford's just not quite all there yet this season throwing-wise; and our secondary still sucks just like last season - and all these little slants they kept having Megatron run Wtf!? He shouldnt be used for short yardage down conversions, he ain't a tight end!

You can tell the NFL is definitely using their better replacements for their "national" games (Thursday, Sunday, & Monday nights) so it's not as obvious, but those of us watching the regional games on Sunday morning are see how bad some of these officials actually are.

Long MNF Game last night!

299.gif

^^

I'm glad to see the Falcons held on. It really felt like they were going to let it get away when they couldn't capitalize on the four Denver turnovers in the first quarter.

Back