NFL 2010 Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
redskins are lucky they had to deal with Kolb, even with him in there they still actually had a chance to win at the end...

Did anyone see Vince Wilfork last night? Dude must have gained 200 lbs in the offseason..

Pounding the snot out of Vick on the goal line was AWESOME.
That was my favorite part of the game.

Did anyone see Vince Wilfork last night? Dude must have gained 200 lbs in the offseason..
That's what happens when they need you to be all 3 D-lineman at once.

After all the painful road games last year, that was a fun one in the second half last night.

Last edited by a moderator:
After all the painful road games last year, that was a fun one in the second half last night.
It certainly was. The first half had me a little nervous, then WOW. Pats were singing that song...."Everything is coming our way..."

fun!

Hey Belichick, what the fuck?!?!?
Way to kill the nice buzz after a big MNF win.
Moss' production this year has been terrible and he has been hinting that he wanted out of New England since training camp. I just hope that he produces for the Vikings since he's on my fantasy team.

Pats seem to be going for more running and tight end sets, and yeah he's good as gone at the end of the year. But he's an all time WR who gives them a better shot this year than whatever middling draft pick they'll get for him. I don't know why they don't want Harvin or Rice back in the deal?

I don't understand that trade at all. I know Moss seemed to want out, but the Pat's got seemingly nothing in the trade for him.

Hey, I didn't need that drama queen back on my team!

Doohh!!!

He's a Top 10 all timer WR first ballot HOFer. And that future 3rd rounder has caught as many TDs as this entire board combined.

There's something going on behind the scenes that onces it leaks will hopefully shed some light on things.

Also, hey Belichick. You know the Vikes are coming to Gillette this month. You can't tell me Moss won't spill the beans on the offense, like that little helmet tug Brady did the other night to call the fake spike.

I love Welker, but he's not a #1 receiver. The reason he caught 100+ balls over the middle the past 3 years was because the other team's D had to worry about Moss and the deep ball. He's the best 3rd down, slot, mid range guy around, but his numbers will suffer.

I'm sorry but the combo of Hernandez, Gronkowski, Edelman, and Tate doesn't exactly strike fear into the hearts of opposing team's secondary. And their running game of the guy with 4 names and the other guy who's built like the waterboy doesn't exactly inspire either.

b35da3933c_track04132008.jpg

Belichick's hubris could use its own zip code.

he had 9 catches in 4 games, I assume they figure they could get just about anyone (in the NFL) to do that for what they are paying him...

he had 9 catches in 4 games, I assume they figure they could get just about anyone (in the NFL) to do that for what they are paying him...
That is pretty bad, considering that he's been targeted 22 times. Then again, those kind of stats are typical for big play receivers. They aren't successful a high percentage of the time, but when they are, it is usually for a bunch of yards and/or a TD. Wes Welker type receivers, on the other hand, catch a high percentage of balls, but they only gain short yardage.

I will say one thing....I think the salary cap thing has made NFL football SO MUCH better over the years since it's inception.

This is something that some will argue with, but even though I pull for the Redskins, and if there was no salary cap I think they would consistently be in super bowl after super bowl since spending money is one thing Danny boy can do. I actually enjoy the sport more now that no team REALLY has that much of an advantage over any other team....and effort and strategy really pays off in the long run. I know we had the Patriots run for a few years, but I don't see that this year. They may be good, but certainly few would think they're super bowl bound at this point.

I wish the MLB would adopt the same philosophy. I'm actually annoyed by the fact that every single time a superstar pops up around the end of his contract....there are only about 4-5 teams that he would end up playing for, and that's usually ONLY if the Yankee's don't need him.

Back