NFL 2010 Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a Mets fan, which means I don't follow baseball either.

That $300M lawsuit they are facing won't help the on-field product. They're a joke of an organization and this will get ugly.

A well run franchise with a lousy product but a plan for the future I can live with.

An incompetent franchise with no clue or direction is what drives me away.

Ahem...not that I'm bitter.

I'll be a fan or anyone's favorite team this season for a nominal fee.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey! How about those 400 people that had valid tickets but Cowboy stadium did not get the seats installed? Wow that sux!

How about that fly-by with the dome closed??
Yeah I saw an article on that...that would suck!!! They were supposed to get a refund of 3x face value of tickets, but who knows if that ended up that way. I'd be really pissed if I had traveled there and not got to see the game. Shame on the stadium for selling tickets before the fate of the seats was determined.

Not to make excuses, but our quarterback sucks.

Period.

Good game by the Packers. They played well, and didn't blow it. Roethlisberger, however, did blow it.

The interceptions were enough, but he had SO MANY opportunities to still win the game, and he couldn't. He hit a reciever in stride ONCE in the whole game (Wallace) and it resulted in a touchdown. Wallace blew past the GB corners play after play and Ben couldn't get him the ball. Even when hitting Hines Ward across the middle, Hines never had the chance for Yards after the Catch.

Very bad showing for Big Ben.

But, oh well.

I still love my STEELERS!

Packers deserve credit for a great season. I don't dislike them, so at least it's not like losing to Dallas, Baltimore, or Cleveland. :)

p.s., when Mendenhall is averaging about 7 yards a carry...... let's pull him and run a 5 reciever set......WTF?

SapperPE said:
National Anthem is a no-win situation. People complain if it's recorded but people complain if it's not sang perfectly.
I mean, for crying out loud, it is expected from any citizen to sing our National Antem correctly, that is like the one song you don't mess up.

Well yeah, she is a pro and she should have done her job.

But things like that happen on a big stage... like the guy whose job it was to run the sound but half the mics did not work... or the guy whose job it was to get the stage to light up but half the "V" did not work... or that receiver for Green Bay whose job it is to catch the ball but who had four drops...

Just remembered a commercial...the snickers commericial where rosanne gets hit by the huge log made me laugh out loud.

Pepsi commercials were obsessed with hitting people with cans of pepsi max. one commercial with that theme would ahve been fine but a couple...not so much.

The etrade baby bit is getting old. THey need to find another marketing tool

NO excuse for F'in up the National Anthem. She knew for months that she had the Super Bowl gig, and that's huge. PRACTICE and get it fricken right. NO EXCUSE.

Glad you're still alive DV.

I'm not a Steeler fan in the slightest, but...

Big Ben usually doesn't **** up in a big spot, I'd take him over almost any other QB if I needed a 4th quarter comeback in a big game.

Hell, my team has the unanimous MVP for a QB, and he played like steaming horse crap in the past couple playoff games.

It happens sometimes. You guys still have a good team and steady organization, I wouldn't be surprised if they get another one.

I liked the first Pepsi Max with the girl on the bench getting beaned...

I loved Darth Vader, because I've done that stuff with my kids, and can relate.

Kim Kardashian's commercial was the best of the night. I shouldn't need to explain why. It's the only one I rewinded to watch again.

I loved Darth Vader, because I've done that stuff with my kids
Had twins despite the fact that it forbidden by your order, turned evil, fell into a pit of lava, got some emo suit, cut your son's hand off and then threatened to turn his sister all evil before throwing your boss into a nuclear reactor?

That's fucked up dude.

I loved Darth Vader, because I've done that stuff with my kids
Had twins despite the fact that it forbidden by your order, turned evil, fell into a pit of lava, got some emo suit, cut your son's hand off and then threatened to turn his sister all evil before throwing your boss into a nuclear reactor?

That's fucked up dude.
That's how I roll man.

With stuff like Aguilera this year and Janet Jackson years ago, I wonder how much stuff was covered up in the “old days.”

A couple decades ago, Fox would have issued a press release saying Janet was covered and nobody would have known any better.

A couple decades ago, some folks would have thought Aguilera screwed up but nothing would have come of it.

As for the "World Champion" debate...

There are probably some Japanese baseball teams that would give a World Series team a run for their money.

There are probably some Russian hockey teams that could beat the Stanley Cup champion.

I don't know why they insist on slapping the "World" moniker on professional sports championships.

For that matter, how do they know that a human is the most attractive being in the Universe?

How can they call the winner of the NCAA BCS Championship game the National Champion when the didn't win any tournament?

Hey! How about those 400 people that had valid tickets but Cowboy stadium did not get the seats installed? Wow that sux!

Yeah I saw an article on that...that would suck!!! They were supposed to get a refund of 3x face value of tickets, but who knows if that ended up that way. I'd be really pissed if I had traveled there and not got to see the game. Shame on the stadium for selling tickets before the fate of the seats was determined.
saw an updated article on what they got. They got to go down on the field post-game, free merchandise, food, beverages, $2400, and free tickets to next yrs superbowl.

saw an updated article on what they got. They got to go down on the field post-game, free merchandise, food, beverages, $2400, and free tickets to next yrs superbowl.
That would absolutely suck (granted it only affected <0.5% of the attendees). I couldn't imagine how pissed off I would be to miss a chance to see my team at the Superbowl (even more if my team ended up winning). The package they offered would be fine if I was just a football fan, but not sure it would placate me for a possibly once in a lifetime opportunity to see my team play/win the superbowl. The NFL should have these ticket holders pick a team and should offer them tickets to any future superbowl that team plays in.

i was in another room when the half time show was on, and I honestly thought my kids were playing guitar hero it sounded so bad!

I was torn between wanting the packers to lose and Rothlisraper winning another one? At least it was a decent second half to watch...

And why didnt the steelers call a time out at the end? I thought they had two left???

And why didnt the steelers call a time out at the end? I thought they had two left???
I am pretty sure they only had 1. I think they were saving it to be able to be able to use the middle of the field and have a chance to get the field goal unit off. I think there was still ~40 seconds when they turned the ball over on downs.

There are probably some Japanese baseball teams that would give a World Series team a run for their money.

There are probably some Russian hockey teams that could beat the Stanley Cup champion.

I don't know why they insist on slapping the "World" moniker on professional sports championships.

For that matter, how do they know that a human is the most attractive being in the Universe?

How can they call the winner of the NCAA BCS Championship game the National Champion when the didn't win any tournament?
There are some high school and college teams that would give a World Series team a run for the money. That is why baseball is so cool.

There are some high school and college teams that would give a World Series team a run for the money. That is why baseball is so cool.
aren;'t there a lot of foreigners on the MLB teams? so technically it could be ok to say world series

in hockey there are lots of foreign players...the chicago blackhawks only had like 6 american players on the team last year when the won the stanley cup.

Back