Fantasy Football

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kenny Britt went bad for me too. Posted 18 yards and a fumble then got sidelined with a knee injury, which may keep him sidelined for a few weeks. Dammit.
No...he is having season-ending knee surgery. You need another WR...stat.
I replaced Britt with his on-field replacement, Nate Washington. There really isn't much available out there for WR's in my league.

This weeks question:

Which one of these 3 do I start:

Devery Henderson (NO) @Jac

Deion Branch (NE) @Oak

Nate Washington (Ten) @Cle <-- Current choice

According to yahoo fantasy numbers, they're each in the 40-50% start range. Henderson and Branch are seriously shaky. They can each put up good numbers, but more commonly put up goose eggs. I like the matchup for Washington, especially with Britt out for the season. Out of the 3 matchups, I think NE needs good WR #'s to win, so I think Branch is a close 2nd.

Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
I replaced Britt with his on-field replacement, Nate Washington. There really isn't much available out there for WR's in my league.
This weeks question:

Which one of these 3 do I start:

Devery Henderson (NO) @Jac

Deion Branch (NE) @Oak

Nate Washington (Ten) @Cle <-- Current choice

According to yahoo fantasy numbers, they're each in the 40-50% start range. Henderson and Branch are seriously shaky. They can each put up good numbers, but more commonly put up goose eggs. I like the matchup for Washington, especially with Britt out for the season. Out of the 3 matchups, I think NE needs good WR #'s to win, so I think Branch is a close 2nd.

Thoughts?
I'd probably go with Henderson just because of the matchup. I also have Washington replacing Britt, but apparently Cleveland went and got themselves some decent corners, so WRs are having a tough time with them. Jacksonville should be pretty soft for Henderson.

Thanks whoever told me to pick up Eric Decker

One of the owners at my firm had Rodgers, Forte, DeSean Jackson, Wes Welker, and Jets D/ST...needless to say he had the most points for this week.

Well thanks to MJD, Roddy White, and Santonio Holmes, my team stunk it up again this week. Glad I left "No-Show" out again as he had another big fat goose egg week. Too bad I didn't start Cam Newton in both my leagues. He had higher points than both Brady and Brees. :brickwall:

Cam Newton (Car) vs NO

or

Michael Vick (Phi) @ Buf

Vick hasn't really been able to finish games without getting hurt, Newton's been putting up good numbers (better than Vick). Do I really consider benching Vick?

I would

NO vs Car will probably be another shootout

Hopefully Brees throws 4 TD's

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldNO vs Car will probably be another shootout

Hopefully Brees throws 4 TD's
I'd have to agree. Still a tough decision though. I have Brees so I'm keeping him in over Newton. I have Brady in my other league with Newton as well but I can't bench Brady. Even though Cam scored more points than both Brees and Brady last week. <sigh>

Decisions decisions. Do I start Buffalo's defense against the Giants or the Saints defense against TB (in TB)? I'm leaning toward the Bills.

I dunno where to go:

Start (2 of 3)

Blount

Lynch

M. Turner

Start (2 of 3)

Decker

Branch

Burress

Or I can bench Witten and start a RB or WR in his place.

I dunno where to go:

Start (2 of 3)

Blount

Lynch

M. Turner

Start (2 of 3)

Decker

Branch

Burress

Or I can bench Witten and start a RB or WR in his place.
I'd probably go with Blount and Turner. I got rid of Decker, too unpredictable. I have Branch in one of my leagues and he is doing well. Burress seems to be putting up the numbers again. I'd go with him too.

I went Blount and Lynch..Eagles run D is horrible and Turner is playing the Texans who have a decent D

Then I went Branch and Decker...Hope that one turns out.

Hopefully the rest turn out as lucky. This is the final week before the playoffs and I'm in 5th place with 3 people 1 game behind.

I picked a bad lineup last week and left a huge amount of points on the bench...luckily Brees came through and bailed me out so I went 2-1.

It's playoff time!!!

Each of my two teams are going for their respective league championships, entering the playoffs as the top scoring team in each (although one team is a 4-seed).

Good luck everyone!!!

My team took a dump on me last week and I got eliminated. I had 70 points and everyone else had at least 110.

I did win $50 for having the best defense/ST (SF)

Not unexpectedly, one of my teams laid an egg and the opponent on the other one pulled a miracle week out of his ass.

I hate this game...

Mine too. In a league where the best score all season was 140 points, my opponent scored 163.5.

On the other side, my most expensive league, I beat the league's leading scorer to get into the Super Bowl. That guarantees a minimum of $200 to me. Huzzah!

First question (pick one):

Dez Bryant or Jeremy Maclin? Philly plays Dallas in big D.

Austin Collie is back which means Bryants looks will be down, and Maclin has been hurt quite a bit lately (although fully participated in this weeks practices)...

Second question (pick 2):

Adrian Peterson @ Wash

Roy Helu vs Min

Reggie Bush @ NE

Frank Gore @ Sea

I'm thinking Peterson & Gore. Helu has a favorable matchup against Minnesota but is inconsistent and currently listed as questionable (even if he plays, could still end up with limited play time). Bush is putting up good numbers and the NE run defense is horrible, but he'll be playing in the NE cold and I expect NE to run up the score early...

Back