Fantasy Football

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
517yds and 34pts for Brady this week in my other league. :party-smiley-048:
Welker's 99 yard TD catch bailed me out in my 1st league to pull-off the upset win!!

So anyone have any great waiver picks?
I think Tolbert (SD RB) and Reggie Bush (Mia RB) are a couple good ones. Janikowski (Oak K) is still available in both my leagues too.

Welker's 99 yard TD catch bailed me out in my 1st league to pull-off the upset win!!

I think Tolbert (SD RB) and Reggie Bush (Mia RB) are a couple good ones. Janikowski (Oak K) is still available in both my leagues too.
Washington receiver Jabar Gaffney was undrafted in almost every league.

4 catches, 132 yards and two TDs

Not sure what you're smoking, but ESPN and Yahoo both have him as 3 rec, 54 yds, 1 TD. Still not bad, though.

ESPN Boxscore WSH-NYG

my 13 year old is dying to play and I have absolutely no interest, is there still time to sign up?

Not sure what you're smoking, but ESPN and Yahoo both have him as 3 rec, 54 yds, 1 TD. Still not bad, though.

ESPN Boxscore WSH-NYG
My bad - you are right.

I misread my weekly waiver wire email from Footballguys: "Gaffney was badly overthrown in the first quarter by Grossman on a play where he was wide open for a 78-yards touchdown, so you can imagine how a four catch, 132-yard day with two scores would have read."

Picked up Newton, Doucet, and S. Chandler off waivers. Hope to get some good trades.

In my first league, I got Newton and Deion Branch.

The second league let me pickup Reggie Bush, Deion Branch, and Devery Henderson. I also swapped out Kaeding with David Akers, but didn't use a waiver for that (did the swap this morning after the waivers were lifted).

I don't really plan on starting any of them on a regular basis, but they give me some flexibility with Bye weeks and some week-to-week matchups.

The second league let me pickup Reggie Bush, Deion Branch, and Devery Henderson. I also swapped out Kaeding with David Akers, but didn't use a waiver for that (did the swap this morning after the waivers were lifted).

I don't really plan on starting any of them on a regular basis, but they give me some flexibility with Bye weeks and some week-to-week matchups.
Henderson should be a good addition, thought about trying to nab him as well. I swapped out Bironas for Kasay whom I couldn't believe was still sitting out there. Thought about Gould for my other league but I don't trust the Bears this year.

Henderson should be a good addition, thought about trying to nab him as well. I swapped out Bironas for Kasay whom I couldn't believe was still sitting out there. Thought about Gould for my other league but I don't trust the Bears this year.
The Bears have been very "streaky" the last few years. Despite knowing this, I still drafted Johnny Knox. He was a huge disappointment last year, is shaping up to be another disappointment this. I dropped him in favor of Henderson.

Henderson was pretty good at the beginning of last year but fell off once the fantasy playoffs started. I like him good enough to fill in the blanks though.

anyone want to start an eb.com leauge?
should I start an NFL one? enough interest?
Did DVINNY end up starting one? I'm guessing no. I'd probably join an EB.com league. We'd have to get things set up pretty quick though (draft type, time, # of teams/division, etc.) before this Thurs. game, right?

Which 2 do I start?

Adrian Peterson (Min) vs TB

Tim Hightower (Wsh) vs Ari

Reggie Bush (Mia) vs Hou

Frank Gore (SF) vs Dal

Based on matchups and overall team offense, is it bad that I'm thinking of starting Hightower and Bush, and benching Peterson? I don't like the SF/Dal matchup for Gore, and the Min. offense looked absolutely horrible last week. I like Hightower vs Arizona, and I like the fact that Bush can put up decent pass numbers in addition to average run, and he's projected to take the majority of the carries with their rookie RB still recovering from a hamstring.

Thoughts?

I would straight up drop Bush. He never lived up to the hype in New Orleans where he actually had a decent supporting cast. Now he's in Miami with a non-existent pass game and worse O-line than the Saints. I wouldn't expect decent numbers out of him ever...no matter what the matchup.

I'd start Peterson for sure and probably Hightower because AZ's defense sucks. It's hard to go wrong with starting AP.

Braylon Edwards or Calvin Johnson? Calvin is a beast but he's listed as questionable...

Braylon Edwards or Calvin Johnson? Calvin is a beast but he's listed as questionable...
I have Johnson as well. Looks like it will be a gameday decision unfortunately. Watch those reports. Edwards is a suitable substitute but he burned me last year so I would keep Johnson in until the last possible minute if it were me.

I have Johnson as well. Looks like it will be a gameday decision unfortunately. Watch those reports. Edwards is a suitable substitute but he burned me last year so I would keep Johnson in until the last possible minute if it were me.

That's what I'm doing--thanks for helping me not think I'm crazy!

Back