New Jersey PE Renewal Process - CPC Audit

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paintsniffer69

Reaction score
I'm kinda curious about how license renewal works in NJ. So, I checked out 'Section 13:40-13.6 - Compliance with CPC credits; audit,' and it seems like if you cough up the $80 renewal fee every two years, your license gets renewed, no questions asked. You don't have to bother sending in a log of your CPC.

But, here's the kicker: if your license gets picked for an audit, for whatever reason, you gotta show proof of attending 24 hours of CPC. So, the smart move is to make sure you've got those CPC hours done and keep a log handy, just in case the board comes knocking.

Anyone out there with an NJ license who can confirm if this is how it really goes down?

I'm kinda curious about how license renewal works in NJ. So, I checked out 'Section 13:40-13.6 - Compliance with CPC credits; audit,' and it seems like if you cough up the $80 renewal fee every two years, your license gets renewed, no questions asked. You don't have to bother sending in a log of your CPC.

But, here's the kicker: if your license gets picked for an audit, for whatever reason, you gotta show proof of attending 24 hours of CPC. So, the smart move is to make sure you've got those CPC hours done and keep a log handy, just in case the board comes knocking.

Anyone out there with an NJ license who can confirm if this is how it really goes down?
PA is the same. Use the NCEES to track CPC CPC Tracking | NCEES
Very handy for tracking multiple states with different requirements and expiration dates.
You upload certificates and NCEES sends them to the boards for free if necessary.

Back