Fantasy Football

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its not a keeper league. If I cant trade him to someone willing to drop him for me, he will be a dead roster spot for the season since yahoo puts your top 5-6 draft pics as "cant cut" (to prevent someone from roster dumping if their team sucks and they want to walk away)

Its not a keeper league. If I cant trade him to someone willing to drop him for me, he will be a dead roster spot for the season since yahoo puts your top 5-6 draft pics as "cant cut" (to prevent someone from roster dumping if their team sucks and they want to walk away)
My Yahoo league has an IR roster spot for this very problem that frees up an active spot.

I just have to wait for yahoo to update his status then, but it still doesnt resolve the fact that my only QB is Sanchez and the best F/A QB is Orton...

My Yahoo league has an IR roster spot for this very problem that frees up an active spot.
ESPN does this as well. It's a nice feature.

Well Brees got me some points last night

Saints D/ST got me 0 (at least it wasn't negative)

Well Brees got me some points last nightSaints D/ST got me 0 (at least it wasn't negative)
Even with a defensive touchdown? They shouldn't get any points for yards or points against, but you should get something for turnovers forced and touchdowns.

Our league has negative points for so many points against...I believe it starts at 21 or so.

ESPN does this as well. It's a nice feature.
They haven't listed him on IR, but they have at least removed the "can't cut" tag.

Dropping Daniel Thomas (Mia RB) for Cam Newton as my first waiver wire pickup. If that doesnt work, I have a second option of picking up Mike Tolbert.

I have a bad feeling about this season when Cedric Benson seriously outscores Chris Johnson

Dropping Daniel Thomas (Mia RB) for Cam Newton as my first waiver wire pickup. If that doesnt work, I have a second option of picking up Mike Tolbert.
I have a bad feeling about this season when Cedric Benson seriously outscores Chris Johnson

Chris Johnson is probably the biggest "buy now" opportunity this week.

So my league plays 3 games a week and in two of them I'm within 1 point with Ohcocinco to go.

My team laid an egg with the exception of Brees...I don't think I got a TD from anyone else.

I decided to try a 2nd yahoo league (since my first team is in full-blown suck mode), and I ended up missing the live draft on Saturday. But in the process, I managed to end up with this team with Autodraft:

Starters

Michael Vick - Phi QB

Brandon Lloyd - Den WR

Brando Marshall - Mia WR

Kenny Britt -Ten WR

Adrian Peterson - Min RB

Frank Gore - SF RB

Jimmy Graham - NO TE

Nate Kaeding - SD K

New Orleans - DEF

Bench

Josh Freeman - TB QB

Tim Hightower - Was RB

Pierre Garcon - Ind WR

Lee Evans - Bal WR

Rob Gronkowski - NE TE

Detroit Def

All-in-all, not a bad draft for not being there. I really like my depth in the QB & RB side of things, but I'd like to bolster things up a bit at WR and Def. I'm not a fan of NO defense, but I'm not really sure what else is out there yet. With the injury to Kaeding, I will probably wait it out to see how this week goes, but I plan on dropping Gronkowski to try to pickup Reggie Bush once the available players clear waivers.

Not a good start in my league for week 1 either (other than Brees and MJD).

QB Drew Brees, NO: 28

RB Maurice Jones-Drew, Jac: 15

RB Knowshon Moreno, Den: 0 (plays tonight)

WR Roddy White, Atl: 6

WR Santonio Holmes, NYJ: 7

TE Owen Daniels, Hou: 1

D/ST Chiefs D/ST, KC: -1

K Rob Bironas, Ten: 1

BE Donald Driver, GB: 4

BE Todd Heap, Ari: 4

BE Chester Taylor, Ari: 0

BE Ryan Fitzpatrick, Buf: 24

BE Ryan Torain, Wsh: 0

BE Pierre Garcon, Ind: 3

BE Saints D/ST, NO: 4

Did better in my other league that had LeSean McCoy, Miles Austin, and Calvin Johnson. Got Brady and McFadden playing tonight in that one as well.

Saints TQB NO: 45

L. Blount RB TB: 1

M. Turner RB ATL: 15.5

M. Manningham WR NYG: 6

C. Ochocinco WR NE @ MIA 9/12 7:00 0

A. Gates RB-WR-TE SD: 11

N. Rackers K HOU: 10

Saints DST NO: 0

Reserves Games Stats Total

B. Edwards WR SF: 3.5

J. Witten TE DAL: 16

P. Burress RB-WR-TE NYJ: 17

M. Lynch RB-WR-TE SEA: 5

In the league I care about, I have four guys yet to go but I'm getting smacked good.

In the league I don't care about, I started Arian Foster and am up pretty comfortably.

Brady throws for 517...and #85 only caught one pass for 14 yards. I just needed 2 catches for the victory...are you freaking kidding me.

Back