Expecting

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
glad to hear things are going as planned. It'll be here before you know it!!

Yesterday sucked for me... started off with a contraction while I was taking my shower... I'm only at 28 weeks, so we don't want contractions yet! Nothing else for a while. Got me and DD dressed and she went to school, I went to work. Had 4 contractions between 9:20 and 10:20, so I called my doctor. She said that if it's less than 5/hr, it's just Braxton Hicks and don't worry about it. Stayed at work until 2:30, kept having contractions on and off all day... but never more than 4/hr. Took DD to dance class and had one contraction while I was there... but it was a big one... one of the other mom's ended up following me home to make sure I made it OK.

Luckily, everything's been fine since I got home... no more contractions... but it was a worry-filled day... especially since hubby was on travel and didn't get home til after midnight last night... and he'll be traveling a lot over the next couple of weeks. My doc said that he should plan on staying home as much as possible after 34 weeks, but up until then, it's unlikely that he'll be needed. So, he's trying to get as much done as possible before I'm at 34 weeks. After yesterday, I really want him to stay home... but I know he really shouldn't. :(

We have had Braxton Hicks here as well. Not as frequent as you, but they come everyday.....I am now officially under city arrest. No more travel until after the baby comes.

I'd love to put hubby on city arrest... but we've still got almost 3 months... he averages about 4-6 days a month out of town and the majority of that is stuff that has to be done in person and absolutely cannot be handled by anyone else. So, unless something drastic happens, we're sticking with 34 weeks as the official cut-off for travel.

My daughter was born on friday:

Lillian Paige

7lbs

19.5inches

It was the best day of my life.

She is so small!

We went in at 3am to be induced. By 6:30am, my wife was 8cm. The doctor gave her a shot to slow it down. Lillian was born at 12:35pm. Only 9.5 hrs of labor. It went very well.

Congrats, DW. She is absolutely beautiful. I hope that everyone is doing well. Babies give life a whole new meaning.

DW:

congrats. she looks all packed up. Is she and mom home already? Hope everyone is healthy and feeling great.

Enjoy parenthood!!!

Thank you for the complements.

My co-workers told me her birth would change my life, but I didn’t understand until I saw her come out. It is an indescribable feeling that I have for her. I spent about 2 hrs lounging on the couch with her laying in my arms.

On the other hand, sleepless nights here I come; she is on the party all night, sleep all day schedule.

I’m going to take a week or so off to get to know her, and see if we can work her into a normal schedule.

I’m going to take a week or so off to get to know her, and see if we can work her into a normal schedule.
Good luck ... sometimes I believe it is the child that ends up making a schedule for thier parent, especially if they are stubborn early on. :)

When my nephew was first born a year ago, I ended up taking care of him a lot of the time, especially on weekends since my sister-in-law was working as a waitress. I haven't seen him as much the past few months because my SIL has babysitters and others closer to her to watch. While it was frustrating at times, it really is a joy to watch a baby grow and learn.

Best wishes to you and the family!

JR

Congratulations, DW! That's GREAT news! I hope our labor goes as well as yours! :multiplespotting:

***RANT ON***

The wife had the day off (she's a teacher), and she spent the day shopping for baby stuff, which I appreciate. She got home, and was tired, which is o be expected. I had a long day at work, and as I was pulling up to the house, she asked me to walk the dogs. Not a big deal, happy to do it. It was my night to cook, and I had something that had to roast in the oven for ~20 minutes, so being the engineer, I figured I'd get dinner started, then walk the dogs while dinner was in the oven. I start prepping dinner, and the wife asks me AGAIN to walk the dogs. I calmly explain to her the process I was taking. She says OK, then sits and (I assummed) relaxes in the kitchen while I am minding my own business prepping dinner. After about 10 minutes, the hormones rear their ugly head, and she starts crying. I ask what is going on, and she says I don't talk to her anymore! I am still calming down from work, I am concentrating on not cutting my fingers off while prepping dinner, and I'm thinking about all the sh*t I have to do to get ready for oue arrivals (both the baby and one of our out-of-town friends tomorrow). I'm worried about painting the nursery, vacuuming the nursery after the paint is dry, then cleaning the carpet and finally putting furniture together! I'm sorry, my mind was a little full for chit-chat! ARGGHHH!!!!! :smileyballs:

***RANT OFF***

So, I calmly ignored all this going on inside me, hugged her, said I was sorry and that I loved her. I asked her about her day, how her headache/indigestion/daily ache was doing, then took the dogs. Ate dinner, vacuumed the house, and finished painting the ceiling in the nursery. I love the process, and the goal (a healthy baby), but I do NOT enjoy the bumps in the journey. This concludes today's post. Thank you for reading!

^^^ Even better!!

I got the "You can't even take the time to call me to see if I'm okay???" a few weeks ago when I was on the road. I talked to her every day, but this particular morning she was all worked up. But, the next day it was gone.

We are at 37 weeks today, so now all my wife is thinking about is getting bags packed for the hospital. We are taking a tour of the L&D ward of the hospital tonight.

Back