Expecting

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a 3D ultrasound the day after Christmas. We took my MIL and FIL along. It was REALLY cool!

PICS_38a.jpg

Isn't he just adorable?

Absolutely COOL, TXengr! When I was pregnant, the technology was so different. I know it must be great to see the detail ... and YES, he is absolutey beautiful. Good to hear that your in-laws shared that.

And that's only at 24 weeks. The tech said that the ideal time is 28-34 weeks because they've filled out a lot more by then... but, the in-laws were only here for a week, and I wanted them to be there for it. My hubby thought it was a complete waste of time and money... but the rest of us liked it!

That's awesome, TX! Congrats!

Fraz, our due date is the 24, and my 30th b-day is the 27th! We are going to do everything in our power to prevent a leap-year b-day.

That's awesome, TX! Congrats!
Fraz, our due date is the 24, and my 30th b-day is the 27th! We are going to do everything in our power to prevent a leap-year b-day.
The 27th? My wife is the 21st and I am the 28th ( I was 12 hours and 54 minutes short of being a Leap Year baby).

My hubby thought it was a complete waste of time and money... but the rest of us liked it!
That's how all hubby's are - we are REQUIRED to be difficult !! :)

JR

P.S. - Glad to hear all is going well !! :multiplespotting:

Last edited:
We opted not to get the 3D ultrasound. We want to be surprised as to who she's going to resemble.

We just found out on the 30th that our 2nd is on the way! It looks like a Sept. 6 due date, based on the calender in the books. Funny thing is that yesterday our almost 3 year old was playing with her "Baby" and she was calling herself the big sister! I think she will be excited when we tell her.

Oh, don't tell my Mrs. C-Dog that I posted this, she said that she wanted to tell out daughter first, which is a lie, because she is going to tell her mother, since tonight is her birthday and she does not want her to reach the conclusion on her own when she see's no alcohol for Mrs. C-Dog.

^^^Awesome news C-Dog! Congrats!

We had to tell my inlaws early on with both my son and the twins since they always have wine on the table at every meal and we see them very often. One night of 'I think I will pass on the booze' works, but weeks of it becomes a tip off.

Congratulations C-dog on the baby news!!! We are in the 34th week now, and our son came 4 weeks early, so I think it's time to back the bags and be on the ready...

ktulu

Wow... lots of EB babies coming in '08! That must mean that engineers actually... well... have sex! :woot:

Ditto C-dog.

My wife had her 3rd ultrasound on Thursday. The lil booger was doing sommersaults in there. Wouldn't hold still.

She asked me if I was thinking of any names and I said, how 'bout SPAZ??? I got the killer death stare.

We told our 2 girls last night and they basically were like, "oh a baby, OK, big whoop." I'm sure they'll warm up to the idea as my wife's belly grows. You could tell that very soon there was going to be little room to do flips inside, so soon, there will be stretching and the feeling of movement. That's gotta be a weird feeling.

We start birthing classes tonight, and I have no idea what to expect. The instructor called us yesterday to remind us, and she sounds really nice. She said not to bring anything, but I am going to bring stuff to take notes. Any other suggestions?

FL,

I went through the birthing class... not sure ho much they vary from place to place, but they covered how contractions develop to labor, simple breathing exercises, how to be the 'birthing coach' (breathing, recognizing signs of labor, etc.), a trip to the nursery - labor & delivery area - post-partum areas, how to change a baby, simple child care guides, etc.

Nothing too deep or involved, we didn't take any notes.

-Ray

Back