Expecting

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^ At least it was honest. I decided to take a Hypnobirthing class to prepare for childbirth, which is based on this premise: childbirth is natural, there's no reason it should hurt, the only reason it hurts is because you're afraid and tense, so you just need to relax. Movie night was a series of women with calm, peaceful looks on their faces, walking around, taking deep breaths, until out pops a baby.
Needless to say, I was never able to reach that state of nirvana, and if I ever saw the teacher again I'd have a few words to say..
Was the baby already clean with an innie belly button too? I believe in a lot of holistic techniques for cures (herbal remedies, acupuncture), but as far as childbirth goes, I say do it in the hospital, be prepared for it to hurt, and don't feel ashamed to use drugs (NOT the herbal kind)!

Since the twins have come home, he has regressed in only one respect - potty training. He was making good progress up until that time, so we are now going to try the chart with stars and rewards (bribery is a great thing) to get him back on track.
Bribery worked for my daughter... but it took more than stickers to motivate her...

She had decided that she HAD to have Dora's Talking House. We didn't want to buy it because we figured (correctly) that she would get bored with it pretty quickly (and it was going to take up a LOT of space in our very small apartment). But, she had to have it. It cost about $50. We told her that every day that she stayed dry all day long, she would get $1 and when she had $50, she could take her money to the store and buy the house. It took 57 days. The first couple of weeks she thought that having an accident at day care wouldn't count... but as soon as we got past that, life was good. She bought her house, and a month later Santa brought all of the furniture. Within 3 months, she stopped playing with it... but we didn't care, because we were done with diapers!!!

We were concerned at first that she would expect to keep getting her $1/day for staying dry... but it never came up. So, if stickers don't motivate... cash might!

Bribery worked for my daughter... but it took more than stickers to motivate her...
She had decided that she HAD to have Dora's Talking House. We didn't want to buy it because we figured (correctly) that she would get bored with it pretty quickly (and it was going to take up a LOT of space in our very small apartment). But, she had to have it. It cost about $50. We told her that every day that she stayed dry all day long, she would get $1 and when she had $50, she could take her money to the store and buy the house. It took 57 days. The first couple of weeks she thought that having an accident at day care wouldn't count... but as soon as we got past that, life was good. She bought her house, and a month later Santa brought all of the furniture. Within 3 months, she stopped playing with it... but we didn't care, because we were done with diapers!!!

We were concerned at first that she would expect to keep getting her $1/day for staying dry... but it never came up. So, if stickers don't motivate... cash might!
Cash bribery could be a risky adventure if they figure they can get $ by being stuborn about something...I know I would have.

Last edited by a moderator:
At least it was honest. ... Needless to say, I was never able to reach that state of nirvana, and if I ever saw the teacher again I'd have a few words to say..
It took 2 for me to realize my mother lied. Before the first, she said that you didn't remember the pain. When I told her I remembered the pain from the 1st, she said the 2nd didn't hurt as bad. Another lie. I've heard that it is similar to passing a kidney stone. After the 1st one, the 2nd one is easy, right?

Have a great evening everyone. Hope the hubby called the new gym in town this winter weather is starting to give me the blues I need some :p10940623: to revitalize the system.

It took 2 for me to realize my mother lied. Before the first, she said that you didn't remember the pain. When I told her I remembered the pain from the 1st, she said the 2nd didn't hurt as bad. Another lie. I've heard that it is similar to passing a kidney stone. After the 1st one, the 2nd one is easy, right?
I have not had that joy (nor do I hope to)! Just remember...good things come from pain...like the PE!

If I'm not here tomorrow, you'll know that it was sinilar to the one in 'The Ring'...

Well, maybe not a walk in the park, but I sat for 6 exams. I never would have considered having 6 babies. Maybe I'm just a weenie, but I don't like physical pain.

Well, maybe not a walk in the park, but I sat for 6 exams. I never would have considered having 6 babies. Maybe I'm just a weenie, but I don't like physical pain.
I thought that was what caused the physical pain (and the pregnancy)!

^^It's never been too difficult for me. In fact, I'd say it's more of a pleasure than a pain!

Ray, I don't know how you can be on here, I think with twins I would be a zombie...you da man!
Coffee, lots of coffee! Since I also do drive a lot for work, I keep an emergency pack of cigarettes in the car to be used only if I feel myself slipping off to sleep and need enough energy to make it to the next rest stop, gas station, 7-11, or whatever. I have also started trying to do some sort of exercise to keep my energy level up (plus I have found that my back hasn't been bothering me as much since I started the perfect push-up plan). I drink lots of water (except when driving) since when I get home it is easy to get a little dehydrated with running around after my son, giving my wife a break from the twins, and doing the usual household chores that need to be done.

Update:

My wife's BP was up some this week, so we had some blood work done. This is what happened last time, and she ended up being induced at 36 weeks. Went to the DR. today and everythng is back to normal. We are at 36 1/2 weeks and 0 cm. We may get to the initial Feb. 12 due date...

More to come after next week's appt.

ktulu

Glad to hear all is normal for thr ktulus. :thumbs: On my front, the video wasn't all that bad. Yes, they showed the graphic 'front view' of a natural birth, but I have a pretty strong constitution, and it has not haunted me. Wife went to the doctor yesterday, and everything is progressing towards our Feb. 24th date.

Good news from both ktulu and FLBuff... glad to hear that everything is going well in both homes!

Back