CALIFORNIA RESULTS

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The update for the 18th is empty update it seems. I'm guessing the program runs each night processing any inputs from that day. If no one is there to load the hopper then nothing gets put in eventhough the website shows an update. Please forgive me if I'm stating the obvious. I'm just trying to justify my name not being in the database ;)

The update for the 18th is empty update it seems. I'm guessing the program runs each night processing any inputs from that day. If no one is there to load the hopper then nothing gets put in eventhough the website shows an update. Please forgive me if I'm stating the obvious. I'm just trying to justify my name not being in the database ;)
Why is everyone gets so fuzzed up with your name being on the data base? If you get a passing letter then it is pretty much guarantee that your name will be on the data base soon or later.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why is everyone gets so fuzzed up with your name being on the data base? If you get a passing letter then it is pretty much guarantee that your name will be on the data base soon or later.
Right, but since we SoCal folk haven't received our letters yet, if the database has been updated and our names aren't there, well...

As I have said here, unless this year is completely different than every other year, they will not update the database with the new examinees until probably Wednesday or Thursday of next week. They may add a few new PEs by comity, but nobody from the October exam.
Since they mailed the letters yesterday, most people will get their letters today or Tuesday. So you will have a letter before they update the DB.

Maybe this year will be different. I hope so for your sakes, because California is a pain with how long you have to wait. I am just relaying my honest past experience, not trying to be a dick.

But keep checking, I did the year I got mine. It is impossible not to because this waiting game is stressful. Just don't read anyting into whether or not your name is up there.

:deadhorse: benbo, I applaud you beating this dead horse for these folks. They apparently don't like the answer you give them, since they keep asking the same question, but keep hitting that horse until the DB is updated..... :thumbs:

Hey guys,

Did California updated their database for OCT 2008 results? Please let everybody know once anyone sees their names on it. Thanks.

More importantly.. If any so-cal's get their letter I'd like to know. Since I sent mine to my parents house (i move a lot) and would rather not make the trip down there only to find out that it's coming tomorrow.

Although if Nor-Cal got theirs Saturday, I hope we'd get ours by Tuesday...

You only will get a score if you fail. It will show you a breakdown on how you've done in each catagory (e.g. structural, water resources, transpo, etc.).
Otherwise you just get a nice solid "pass"..

So you're hoping that you don't in fact get a score.

Thanks dastuff and benbo. It's a pity they don't release that info for whatever reason. Oh well...just glad I didn't get a score!

:brickwall:

I'm still waiting for my results. ARGH!!!

Congrats! To all of those who pass the PE exam. I hope I pass too. Otherwise, I'll feel like a dumb***. :(

:brickwall:
I'm still waiting for my results. ARGH!!!

Congrats! To all of those who pass the PE exam. I hope I pass too. Otherwise, I'll feel like a dumb***. :(

I'm right there with you... I feel this has been the most unproductive week for me ever... I just sit on the forums and wait...

I've also considered going home early today to stalk the mailman...

I'm right there with you... I feel this has been the most unproductive week for me ever... I just sit on the forums and wait...
haha. funny. i wanted to do the same thing.

I passed!!

Thanks to the forum! :party-smiley-048:

How did you get to know, letter or from database?
I'm sure when the database is updated you'll hear about it. So until that fateful time occurs, keep checking your mail :)

Got the letter today in Socal...Passed!!!!

Only took 5 times!!!!

I....I...FAILED! *CRYING* :Failed: .... Well, since this is my first time taking it, I took this exam by a surprise. Now that I know the format of the exam, I will hopefully try to study harder this time.

What are some good advices to give to someone like me who is thinking of taking the exam in April 2009 (3 months from now)?

Thanks.

I left early today to stalk the mailman too! I'm looking out the window right now everytime i hear a stupid car pulling up to my driveway at my apt. I can't think, function, work, or do anything until I get that freakin letter. lol.

:Failed:

I failed again for 5th time and about 400hours of study time. I gave up and that it for me.I do not take the test any more.

Good luck to you guys and congratulation to all new PE's in California.

I PASSED. And there was great rejoicing!

First time, Electrical - Electronics, Communication, & Control

Also, an A+ to the US Post Office in getting the mail from Sacto to Omaha in 2 days!

Passed...(5th trial, what a shame T.T)

Oct 06: 8hr(fail), Survey(fail by 3pt), Seismic(fail by 2pt)

Apr 07: 8hr(fail), Survey(Passed), Seismic(fail by 6pt)

Oct 07: 8hr(passed), Seismic(fail by 11pt)

Apr 08: Seismic(fail by 5pt)

Oct 08: PASSED

I share my record because I don't want others making the same mistakes.

Please put your all the effort on the exam at any reason, failing on exam is very very stressful.

For sure, it is Not good for your mental health...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back