CALIFORNIA RESULTS

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wishing all of my fellow California "test takers" the best in the New Year. May we all be ordering our PE stamps soon!

Does anyone know whether there is a difference in the letters (externally) if you pass or fail? I'm asking about California results. Thanks.

Does anyone know whether there is a difference in the letters (externally) if you pass or fail? I'm asking about California results. Thanks.
I think I had just one sheet in mine.

THe failing letters had a couple sheets because there was a diagnostic.

It wasn't that easy to tell from the thickness, but I could read the word "Congratulations" through the paper before I opened it.

I'm not sure now how it is. That was a few years ago.

Also, I don't know how many times I've repeated this, but you will have your letter before they update the database unless it get's lost in the mail. They don't usually update the DB until several days after people have letters.

But that won't stop you from checking 5000 times an hour. It didn't stop me.

Last edited by a moderator:
The California board has updated their page to say the 22 of January is the day the letters will be mailed out.

I think I had just one sheet in mine.THe failing letters had a couple sheets because there was a diagnostic.

It wasn't that easy to tell from the thickness, but I could read the word "Congratulations" through the paper before I opened it.

I'm not sure now how it is. That was a few years ago.

Also, I don't know how many times I've repeated this, but you will have your letter before they update the database unless it get's lost in the mail. They don't usually update the DB until several days after people have letters.

But that won't stop you from checking 5000 times an hour. It didn't stop me.
Thanks benbo. I'm just trying to keep my mind off of the waiting. However, my mind wanders occationally to the day when to envelope arrives and inquiring minds want to know.

I was able to forget about this over the holidays but once again I'm irritated that not only does my state not know how to properly allocate funds but I'm still waiting on my results!

If the state goes bankrupt before February do you think we'll still get our results mailed to us ;)

If the state goes bankrupt before February do you think we'll still get our results mailed to us ;)

They could hold our results hostage until we paid them more money. Extortion - just another fine service they could offer.

Today is the day the decision is made...goodluck everyone.

Well, they're meeting today and tomorrow. Their agenda suggests that the cutscore will be determined tomorrow (It's the last item on their 2-day agenda!!!!!!). Why do they leave it to the very last item?!?!?! Slow torture. So, if they decided tomorrow, they wouldn't update the database until tomorrow night if we're lucky. I would expect it to start showing our names on Monday night. Anyone else thing otherwise?

Well, they're meeting today and tomorrow. Their agenda suggests that the cutscore will be determined tomorrow (It's the last item on their 2-day agenda!!!!!!). Why do they leave it to the very last item?!?!?! Slow torture. So, if they decided tomorrow, they wouldn't update the database until tomorrow night if we're lucky. I would expect it to start showing our names on Monday night. Anyone else thing otherwise?
You will not see anything in the database until after you receive your letters.

Sorry, but trust me. They won't update the database until almost everyone has a letter.

I know you'll be checking every 5 seconds, of course. I did.

Not true. I checked in April 2008 and they actually updated the database before we got the letters. I know because my friend (who was next to me at the test) popped up on the database before I got my letter that I failed.

Not true. I checked in April 2008 and they actually updated the database before we got the letters. I know because my friend (who was next to me at the test) popped up on the database before I got my letter that I failed.
Okay. Maybe that's the only case ever, or you got your letter late. I've been looking at this every exam administration since 2005. I guess we'll see who is correct this time.

Quoting the website -

"The License Lookup database is updated once the result letters are mailed."

http://www.pels.ca.gov/applicants/oct08results.shtml

Here's a deal -

If I'm wrong, and most people are in the database before they get letters, I'll post here and admit it.

If you're wrong, you can do the same.

I know the website says they anticipate mailing out the letters on the 22nd but, in the past, haven't the letters gone out the day after the meeting?

Yes, they have. The letter I got was dated a day after the meeting adjourned.

I know the website says they anticipate mailing out the letters on the 22nd but, in the past, haven't the letters gone out the day after the meeting?
I think that's how it usually happens. I think the time I took it they had the meeting on a Thursday, and I already had my letter by Saturday. At least that's what I remember, but I could be wrong.

This year, who knows?

Okay. Maybe that's the only case ever, or you got your letter late. I've been looking at this every exam administration since 2005. I guess we'll see who is correct this time.

I agree with you, I am sure that database will not be up dated before everyone has received the letters. I am 5th timer!! In all my previous exams all my friends who passed did not see their names in the database before letter. :)

I think that's how it usually happens. I think the time I took it they had the meeting on a Thursday, and I already had my letter by Saturday. At least that's what I remember, but I could be wrong.
This year, who knows?

As far as I remember last year I received my result in first week of February about 10 days after their meeting. :brickwall:

Hey, thanks very much for the quick replies. I love this site. Not only did it help me prepare for the test but acts as a therapist for all this "waiting anxiety" :blink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back