World Cup.. Y A W N.... and Im asleep...

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just thought I would show a little hometown support as the yanks prepare to storm the beaches of Brazil and take down those Nazi basterds

This Just got more interesting: http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/dcunited/fifa-charges-luis-suarez-for-biting-incident/2014/06/24/f899b240-fc1b-11e3-b8bf-54b8afb537b6_story.html

Luis_Suarez_bites_I_723018a.jpg

I'd settle for a draw...or a draw in the Portugal-Ghana match. I don't care how we get through, I just want to get through.

Man, what a game last night. It's too bad the USA lost.
USA didn't lose. :huh:
This is my biggest problem with soccer and hockey, for that matter. I've played and watched sports for my entire 33 years of life on this planet (I was a great point guard up to my 2nd bday). I just dont understand how you can play something for 2 hours and then end in a tie. What is the point of playing if nobody wins or loses. Granted I'm not from Brazil or Canada, so that's a strike against me for both sports, but I just cant get past that in my head. I won't play or watch a sport that may not end with a winner.

you don't end in a tie for hockey...during regular season at the end of regulation if the score is tied you each get a point, then there is extra time 4 on 4. Still tied after that then shoot out until one team wins and they get the second point. Playoffs you keep playing until someone scores in extra time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, what a game last night. It's too bad the USA lost.
USA didn't lose. :huh:
This is my biggest problem with soccer and hockey, for that matter. I've played and watched sports for my entire 33 years of life on this planet (I was a great point guard up to my 2nd bday). I just dont understand how you can play something for 2 hours and then end in a tie. What is the point of playing if nobody wins or loses. Granted I'm not from Brazil or Canada, so that's a strike against me for both sports, but I just cant get past that in my head. I won't play or watch a sport that may not end with a winner.

What about American football? Ties are possible there as well.

And it's not like baseball games ever end in a tie...

tie-2002.jpg

The elimination games can't end in ties. As MP mentioned, ties in american football are possible also.

That just shows how much i know about Hockey (near nothing). Haven't ever seen or heard of a tie in football, but then again i'm not much of a football fan.

I believe so. GB fans were pretty ticked off at that. Mainly because people thing another round of over-time should be allowed to decide a winner. While I agree, the players' health factors into too I imagine.

The first round is like regular season. Doesn't matter if you win or lose as long as you're in second place by the end of it.

I have to agree with Rick and Bubba on this one. That sounds like a cheer you hear at girls softball games. Sorry...

Back