World Cup.. Y A W N.... and Im asleep...

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
large.jpg

Well if you can't appreciate how exciting the game last night was then you really never will enjoy watching soccer.

http://www.espnfc.us/fifa-world-cup/story/1876074/united-states-2-2-portugal-varela-scores-late-equaliser-to-deny- USA

I was so pissed.
It was a letdown given how the game played out, but if you told anyone going into the game that the USA would come away with a draw I think most fans would be happy to take it.

Well if you can't appreciate how exciting the game last night was then you really never will enjoy watching soccer.

http://www.espnfc.us/fifa-world-cup/story/1876074/united-states-2-2-portugal-varela-scores-late-equaliser-to-deny- USA

I was so pissed.
It was a letdown given how the game played out, but if you told anyone going into the game that the USA would come away with a draw I think most fans would be happy to take it.

Very true. I actually didn't have high expectations until they scored their first goal and then of course got excited towards the end.

Glad you could appreciate that one, Fox.
It should be noted that Supe gets the credit for the image above. Too funny.

I did actually hear the USA played a pretty good game yesterday. Just didn't have time to watch any of it. Either way, GO USA !!!

I was really impressed with the crowd that was in attendance. It wasn't uncommon to hear pro-american cheering throughout the game.

USA ! USA ! USA ! USA !

The US is the second most represented team in terms of fans at the matches (Brazil being first, of course). Also, the Ghana match was the most watched soccer match in US history (16 million viewers). That may have been exceeded by the Portugal match yesterday, but I haven't seen the numbers yet.

One thing I do realize when watching either this World Cup or the Olympics is the united states of America is truly the only diverse country on the planet

One thing I do realize when watching either this World Cup or the Olympics is the united states of America is truly the only diverse country on the planet

no it's not, it's just we are the only ones with affirmative action to ensure that our soccer team includes a representation of said diversity

(I am just trying to instigate an argument here...)

Man, what a game last night. It's too bad the USA lost. Let's see how they fare against Germany on Thursday.

In other news, I can no longer not picture Captain Picard when I see the logo now.

world-cup-wtf.jpg

Back