Why Generation Y Yuppies Are Unhappy

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited by a moderator:
Look at all the people in that mitten!

pop_density2012.jpg

Sorry, but the population density of SoCal or NYC is completely different from California as a whole or NY state.

California_population_map.png

The population density of my county is 225/sq. mi. Orange County is nearly 4,000. LA is 8,000. NYC is over 11,000.

And yes, metro Detroit is over 1000, and guess what. . . I don't want to live there either!

^^^ Is that why you live in Michigan? :D
Lol, we can't all live in a mountain paradise. And there are much much worse places to live.
No. There really aren't. Sorry
What about Lousyana?
We're better than Mississippi according to lots of study rankings. :p
But you can't go skiing and have poisonous things = no thanks!
Yeah, but... But...

I got nothing

We have some of the best skiing in the world, and I've personally killed at least a half dozen poisonous thing on my property within the last year....

I like living in the most populous state in the country. More people means more diversity means better options. I've tried the so-called Thai food at those small-town restaurants you townsfolk rave about...barf.

Actually, I would move to Denver in a heartbeat if the opportunity arose.

No one in this town tries to make Thai food. We do have an Indian place, which my Indian friends have vetted as "ok, the flavors are right, but they use mushrooms and we don't eat mushrooms in India because they're considered dirty." So not too bad, right?

Isn't it funny that "American Asian food" is nothing like the real stuff?

I'm sure the same could be said with other types of food.

Isn't it funny that "American Asian food" is nothing like the real stuff?

I'm sure the same could be said with other types of food.
Mexican food is actually pretty bland. Americans are more used to Tex-Mex with all the spices and peppers...

Back