Why Generation Y Yuppies Are Unhappy

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm unhappy because they can draw better than I can.....

While technically I'm in the Gen Y generation, I find I relate better with Gen X.

by saying that, you just indicated that you are better than your other fellow Gen Y... typical Gen Y... 'while technically.... blah blah blah' lmbo :Locolaugh:

(I am assuming that it is the same article I read the other day with green lawns or green lawns with flowers or green lawns with flowers and unicorns farting or puking rainbows...)

^^^ HA! (assuming being Gen X is better than Gen Y, which it is...)

btw, yes it sounds like the same article.

Last edited by a moderator:
This describes me to a T! I dreamt big, barfed rainbows and ended up knocked up in my early 20s with the lingering sense that I was supposed to be destined for greater things.

I read this a few days ago too. Just reminds me of an old saying, "set low expectations and you'll never be disappointed."

X goes through the early 80's, Y starts in the late 70's. There's a bit of overlap depending on who you're talking with (people our parents age would call us Y's, current college kids call us X's)...

X goes through the early 80's, Y starts in the late 70's. There's a bit of overlap depending on who you're talking with (people our parents age would call us Y's, current college kids call us X's)...

I'm ancient to current college kids.

Try working at a college for a few weeks.... I didn't really think that I was old until I started here... but at least half the staff and faculty thinks I'm a student when I first meet them :)

Yeah, the Deep South is on my list of places I wouldn't really want to live, mainly for those reasons. And the humidity.

Plus southern CA. No offense, YMZ, I know a lot of people like it but I'd probably go insane living that close to that many people. NYC for the same reason.

Back