when will CA PE license come out?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reading above that the date of issuance for your license was January 17, it will still take a little longer for you to receive the letter, wall certificate, and card.  You are listed with a license number in the official license database so its good.

Generally, renewal letters are mailed out approximately 60 days prior to expiration date, but it can vary a little (not handled by the actual Board).  However, it is your responsibility to renew your license even if you do not receive the notice.  Similar to your drivers license.
Is it also normal for me that even no congratulations emails received from the board?

Is it also normal for me that even no congratulations emails received from the board?
I still haven't gotten an email or anything aside from the actual license info being displayed on that one site. My coworker said the certificate takes a while to be mailed, but the email didn't take THIS long... not sure what's going on.  My PG friend got her license the same day as us (Jan 17) and received her email this Monday...

Anyone get an email or anything? It's been a month now...
What is your last name?

The H-O and P-Z evaluators generally release license #s within 10 days of the receipt of a passing score. 

The A-G evaluator takes 1-2+ months...

I got my wallet paper license certificate in the mail today. (Jan 17 notice of license) Do they usually send this out ahead of the full page license? Anyone know how long it usually takes to receive the full license?

I got my wallet paper license certificate in the mail today. (Jan 17 notice of license) Do they usually send this out ahead of the full page license? Anyone know how long it usually takes to receive the full license?
Most states send the 2 separate as they are handled by different groups. The actual license usually go through the state government, where the wall certificates are issued by the board of engineers. In NJ, I  think it took until almost June to get my wall certificate when I passed the October exam.

I received my Pocket certificate too, which is the only thing that I received so far.

What is your last name?

The H-O and P-Z evaluators generally release license #s within 10 days of the receipt of a passing score. 

The A-G evaluator takes 1-2+ months...
This is incorrect.  The evaluators process the applications.  They don't actually issue the licenses.

This is incorrect.  The evaluators process the applications.  They don't actually issue the licenses.
I guess I should have been more specific.  Evaluators touch the applications again after the CA exams are passed and forward a final list of "approved" applications to be issued a license number.  I've called the board and they've confirmed as much. Theoretically this process should take a few minutes.

This process of final review and forward for license number issue seems to take a reasonable 3-7 days for the H-O and P-Z evaluators, but 1-3 months for the A-G evaluator.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is not what I'm talking about. Evaluators touch the applications again after the CA exams are passed and forward a final list of "approved" applications to be issued a license number.  I've called the board and they've confirmed as much. Theoretically this process should take 10 minutes.

I have had multiple co-workers and friends get stalled for weeks/months after passing the final CA tests.  They spoke with the board and were finally forwarded to their evaluator who had been holding the application from being issued a number (after CA exams were passed) due to a reference or take home exam "missing" from the application. How should that even be possible? Why would they have been approved to test to begin with?

This process of final review and forward for license number issue seems to take 3-7 days for the H-O and P-Z evaluators, but 1-3 months for the A-G evaluator. 

Ok, I was focusing on your use of the term "...generally release license #'s..."  ALL of the criteria required to become licensed must be satisfied before the individual can receive their license.  So yes, you are correct that when there is ANY aspect, no matter how major or minor it is, that is not satisfied the license will not be issued.  And it is also correct that it falls on the assigned evaluator in the Licensing staff to gather that missing criteria.

While I certainly understand that more than a few fail to submit their take home exams with their application, which does cause a delay that can be easily remedied simply by following the instructions in the first place, there are also some who fail to submit fingerprints, also causing a delay which can be easily prevented.  Would those applying for licensure prefer the Board implement a policy preventing anyone from sitting for the state exams until every last single administrative requirement is met?  If so, I'm sure the Board would change to that if that is what people want.

I imagine that very few, if any, are being approved to sit for the state exams without first satisfying the criteria for a sufficient number of reference forms documenting the required experience.  That would indeed be a holdup.

Your analysis for how long certain evaluators take versus others is very interesting though.  I'm guessing that is based on the few that you have talked with?

Hi, so far I only got the paper pocket ID of my license, does that mean the other license are still coming?

Hi, so far I only got the paper pocket ID of my license, does that mean the other license are still coming?
The paper pocket card is issued automatically by another state agency for all boards/bureaus.  You will receive a white plastic card and a larger-size wall certificate, both of which are actually printed and mailed by the Board.

The paper pocket card is issued automatically by another state agency for all boards/bureaus.  You will receive a white plastic card and a larger-size wall certificate, both of which are actually printed and mailed by the Board.
thanks for your reply. so you mean we will receive three things in total, paper pocket ID, white plastic card, adn wall certificate, correct? Thanks.

I spoke with my evaluator on Tuesday (2/25) and she said they are scheduled to be posted this Friday (today).  From what I've read though on previous threads, it can take an extra day or two for it to show up on their website, so if not today then Monday or Tuesday at the latest.

I took the exams in December and got my passing scores on January 7. It has been 7-1/2 weeks and don't have a license number yet. I've called and left a message with my reviewer once a week the last three weeks.  I've also emailed my reviewer (A-G) once per week the last three weeks.

I've tried to not be too annoying...but I haven't heard any response.  If something is missing in my application I want to fix it asap. Anybody have any advice?

I took the exams in December and got my passing scores on January 7. It has been 7-1/2 weeks and don't have a license number yet. I've called and left a message with my reviewer once a week the last three weeks.  I've also emailed my reviewer (A-G) once per week the last three weeks.

I've tried to not be too annoying...but I haven't heard any response.  If something is missing in my application I want to fix it asap. Anybody have any advice?
That's ridiculous. I really hope it doesn't give validity to what a previous poster said regarding the A-G evaluator being behind as that's the range I fall in as well

I spoke with my evaluator on Tuesday (2/25) and she said they are scheduled to be posted this Friday (today).  From what I've read though on previous threads, it can take an extra day or two for it to show up on their website, so if not today then Monday or Tuesday at the latest.
Has anyone's license show up on the website yet?

Please send me a PM with your name and contact info

Back