Whatcha Playin?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I started playing Shadow of Mordor a couple of weeks ago. It's a really fun game, but I'm not getting the LotR feel yet.

Me: Oh look, a commercial for the new Unchart... oh, no, wait, another RE-RELEASE of an old game because your new one isn't coming out until way later than you had projected.

Today in Geek History: Test your might! Mortal Kombat released in 1992.

593ffbe8-a0d2-4f5c-b10b-ff6d8a32c32b.jpg

It took me fricking forever to beat Shao Kahn.

I was all about those little missiles that Sektor used to shoot, though. I would piss my cousin off for hours and hours with those things.

Spouse has been playing Elite: dangerous. 6 yr old still playing WoW, and also started playing witcher 3. I don't like her playing witcher 3, but her other parent is letting her play.

I'm not playing anything atm.

Game of War on my cell phone. This is such an addicting game, plus it has Kate Upton as the spokesmodel (and she's in the game too)

kate-upton.jpg

hqdefault.jpg
If anyone wants to play I have a 2nd account established. I need to scale back a bit and only focus on one.

Plus, I wanted to repost those pictures again.
Still playing. I'm up to 4 accounts now (main attack base and 3 farms).

Stopped by GameStop last night for my Assassin's Creed preorder. I guess I waited too long, and they stopped doing the pick up in store options for the online preorders. Normally, I would just walk in and buy it Friday morning, but the preorders have the DLC missions, some Uplay credits that lets you upgrade stuff faster in-game, and I think some sort of necklace freebie thing that Junior will want to wear since she's fascinated by "the Ezio game."

Meh. My PC sucks. I prefer having the hardware vs. relying on my shitty network connection anyways. I'm old school.

Meh. My PC sucks. I prefer having the hardware vs. relying on my shitty network connection anyways. I'm old school.
Which is how I also play 75% of my games. Without a network connection. Only need it if you're re-installing or doing game updates.

After 14 months, I logged out of Game of War for the last time yesterday. The group I was in is still going strong, but I was just tired of playing it.  It was fun, met some great people, and would recommend the game to others except that the game gets expensive quickly if you are not patient or able to log a lot of hours.  To let you know how much I played, I would have the game on pretty much all day, every day (even at work). I wasn't always doing something, but with a game that runs 24/7 it's easy to miss things so I would just stay on to monitor things.  It really is a game that requires a fair amount of dedication, and that dedication comes at a price. I just wasn't willing to pay it anymore.

Over Xmas break I started playing Mobile Strike, but that lasted about a week after I realized it was the exact same game as GoW but with a different skin/theme.  I liked MS better, but I didn't want to essentially start over with building.

Mini-Dex#1 got a couple new games for Xbox that we play together.  Battlefront is fun to play multiplayer and we've had a few rounds of true father vs son battles (Vader vs Luke).  He also got Dying Light, which is a pretty cool zombie game.  It's like the newer Grand Theft Autos and Red Dead Redemption in that it's a huge open world to navigate, and you're given survival tasks.  

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm playing KotoR on my PC.  It's an old one, but I'm definitely enjoying it so far.

I'm also family sharing Arkham Knight from my brother in law.  It seems very similar to the other ones combat-wise and the batmobile segments seem cool.  The only annoying part is the sound the game makes when you knock someone out.  It sounds too much like a gunshot so I spent some time trying to figure out who was shooting, until I realized it was the knockout.

I probably need to pick up Arkham Knight.  I liked Asylum, but still haven't played Origins.  

You can actually buy KOTOR for your phone. The port is pretty good but the menus are kinda glitchy.

Oops, I meant KOTOR 2.  I played KOTOR 1 on the iPad and it was pretty good.

I probably need to pick up Arkham Knight.  I liked Asylum, but still haven't played Origins.  
You can skip Origins for now since it's a prequel.  

Back