What does the Fox say?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So we are finally into the restoration process. Should be good to go by tomorrow morning.
So you didn't have to go this route then?

WIRcKWY.gif
No, but I was prepared to.
Any of yall working during the "i love you" virus?
I recall it, but we weren't ever affected by it.

Mike: How many workstations and servers for your office? That would be a major disaster for us.

At least that's workable but shutting down 20 people isn't something to sneeze at. What a PITA

I've been out of the market for a while, what are the good cell phones out there now? I prefer android, currently have a Galaxy S4.

I've been out of the market for a while, what are the good cell phones out there now? I prefer android, currently have a Galaxy S4.
I'm still a fan of Samsung, HTC, and Motorola phones. The specs are all rather comparable. It's really just a question of which features you prefer. Removable battery, SD card, screen size, etc.

in the video game Bioshock,
LOL, I was thinking the same as Supe. Drugs are bad mmmmmkay? =) I actually have no idea. But Google is your friend in this case.

KF: A friend running windows7 recently upgraded to Windows10 supposedly fromt he microsoft website and by downloading the upgraded OS. She feels the installation wasn't "clean" and may have hiccuped during the process. As a result the laptop will boot into Windows10 and display a login screen. However when logging in it opens Windows10, runs through the boot equence and display the useer wallpaper but then it continually cycles through something and refereshes the screen ever 1-2 seconds. I was able to cntrl-alt-delete and open task manager and there are ~70+ processes running but I don't know which is responsible for the continual refresh. It's essentially imposible to do any other function as I can't interrupt the process. She recalls windows10 site saying that the install process could be reversed if she didn't like windows10 but obviously she cannot access that option with the refresh.

I know it's a pretty vague description but do you have any suggestions?

bioshock-2-protector-trials-dispo-4-aout-2010-L-1.png

The bubble head sister protector big daddy thing... the little sister is in the background and sucks crap out of dead bodies with that needle thing I think

I vaguely remember being able to kill them with a couple of rockets from the rocket launcher. I think I mostly avoided them though since they were a PITA. Great game!

bioshock-2-protector-trials-dispo-4-aout-2010-L-1.png

The bubble head sister protector big daddy thing... the little sister is in the background and sucks crap out of dead bodies with that needle thing I think

First off, defense. That is all..And go for headshot. =)

KF: A friend running windows7 recently upgraded to Windows10 supposedly fromt he microsoft website and by downloading the upgraded OS. She feels the installation wasn't "clean" and may have hiccuped during the process. As a result the laptop will boot into Windows10 and display a login screen. However when logging in it opens Windows10, runs through the boot equence and display the useer wallpaper but then it continually cycles through something and refereshes the screen ever 1-2 seconds. I was able to cntrl-alt-delete and open task manager and there are ~70+ processes running but I don't know which is responsible for the continual refresh. It's essentially imposible to do any other function as I can't interrupt the process. She recalls windows10 site saying that the install process could be reversed if she didn't like windows10 but obviously she cannot access that option with the refresh.

I know it's a pretty vague description but do you have any suggestions?
Time for a CLEAN install. And probably time to try and disable some of those start-up apps if not wiping the drive and starting over.

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI it appears she was not alone. I googled windows10 flashing screen and found others with the same issue. It had instructions for removing the windows10 automatic error reporting features. This fixed the problem.

Anyone with AT&T Uverse?

Pretty much everyday around 9pm our internet goes on the fritz. I don't know if that's because we have all of our devices out or what but without fail is just seems to go in and out around that time when kids are finally in bed and time to unwind. I googled it and apparantly everyone else has had the issue to and they had strange reasons why (outside lights on, neighbors, etc.).

My only hunch was it is the crappy wifi router from AT&T and if I upgrade that it should work better. We have plenty of devices on the wifi (Ipad, laptop, wireless receiver for the uverse television, chromecast, 3 iphones, and the baby monitor) so I just didn't know if that was overloading the whole thing.

I generally don't hear good feedback from Uverse customers. Not only is their service slower than the competition, reliability has something to be said.

That being said, is this the router they provided you or is it yours? If it's yours, what is the make/model/age?

Back