What does the Fox say?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks!  This might be a dumb question, but would that work both ways, right?  It says RS232 to RS485 and I'm trying to go the other way.  I saw these that say bidirectional, but they are way more expensive:

http://www.blackbox.com/Store/Detail.aspx/Async-RS-232-to-RS-485-Interface-Bidirectional-Converter-DB9-Female-to-Terminal-Block/IC1620A-F

Thanks!  This might be a dumb question, but would that work both ways, right?  It says RS232 to RS485 and I'm trying to go the other way.  I saw these that say bidirectional, but they are way more expensive:

http://www.blackbox.com/Store/Detail.aspx/Async-RS-232-to-RS-485-Interface-Bidirectional-Converter-DB9-Female-to-Terminal-Block/IC1620A-F
I'm sure there's a different model that goes RS-485 to RS-232.  I wouldn't necessarily assume they are b-directional.

Just picked up one of these bad boys and if it works as good as I think it will, I will be getting a 2nd one for the lower level of the house.

NestProtect4.jpg

Nest Protect: Expect more from your smoke alarm.
The new Nest Protect has been redesigned from the inside out. It has an industrial-grade smoke sensor, tests itself automatically, and lasts up to a decade. It's also the first home alarm you can hush from your phone without any extra hardware required. And just like the original Nest Protect, it tells you what’s wrong and can even alert your phone. It is also equipped with a UL compliant carbon monoxide detector.

Meet the all-new Nest Protect. The smoke alarm other alarms look up to.

Nest Protect: Expect more from your smoke alarm. The new Nest Protect has been redesigned from the inside out. It has an industrial-grade smoke sensor, tests itself automatically, and lasts up to a decade. It's also the first home alarm you can hush from your phone without any extra hardware required. And just like the original Nest Protect, it tells you what’s wrong and can even alert your phone. It is also equipped with a UL compliant carbon monoxide detector. Meet the all-new Nest Protect. The smoke alarm other alarms look up to.
great, another stupid sensor to send the boys out on a false alarm in the middle of the night

Industrial grade. Guranteed for 10 years. That's tough to beat. And what other senors self checks over 400 times PER day? If you ask me this is a fireman's blessing. =)

I'm having email issues again.  Microsoft sent an email out a few weeks ago with instructions on how to remove and reinsert a hotmail account into outlook.  I did it and it worked for a week or so.  Well yesterday it decided to not work anymore.  I've followed their instructions for reinserting my hotmail account with both a supported version of outlook and an unsupported version. I'm pretty sure mine is supported, but it doesnt work either way.  I've use my actual password and an app password.  Using the app password it will let the account be installed but then it says that i need to log onto the account online to make sure its configured correctly.  Did.  Still no work.  Any ideas?

I'm having email issues again.  Microsoft sent an email out a few weeks ago with instructions on how to remove and reinsert a hotmail account into outlook.  I did it and it worked for a week or so.  Well yesterday it decided to not work anymore.  I've followed their instructions for reinserting my hotmail account with both a supported version of outlook and an unsupported version. I'm pretty sure mine is supported, but it doesnt work either way.  I've use my actual password and an app password.  Using the app password it will let the account be installed but then it says that i need to log onto the account online to make sure its configured correctly.  Did.  Still no work.  Any ideas?
Any further development on this?

Ive got 1 of the computers working, but its been a nightmare trying to get it right.  I didn't realize until just now, but under account settings it says "Microsoft exchange".  I don't even know how I got it to work, but it is.  I cant even change any settings for it now.

Back