VA Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, si i look on the website last Friday and no name. I leave for vacation on Saturday, I check all week on internet and still no name. I just got home figuring my failure letter was waiting , open it up and what do you know I PASSED! turns out they don't have my ethics test which was turned with my original paperwork. UHHHHH BUT THATS OK They will have it Tuesday for sure!Again! I sure could have celebrated a lot more at Awful Authur's this past week. guess I'll have to settle for the local Applebee's instead. Congrats to all who made the cut. whew 1 and done. now for the Land Surveying.

OK, si i look on the website last Friday and no name. I leave for vacation on Saturday, I check all week on internet and still no name. I just got home figuring my failure letter was waiting , open it up and what do you know I PASSED! turns out they don't have my ethics test which was turned with my original paperwork. UHHHHH BUT THATS OK They will have it Tuesday for sure!Again! I sure could have celebrated a lot more at Awful Authur's this past week. guess I'll have to settle for the local Applebee's instead. Congrats to all who made the cut. whew 1 and done. now for the Land Surveying.
Congratulations! AT leats you know something! Are you in northern VA?

Congratulations! AT leats you know something! Are you in northern VA?
I am in southern VA, on the NC border

thanks

Got home from Vacation Sunday morning around 2 (From DisneyWorld). I had been following the post while on vacation and when the names got posted and mine didn't make it, I had a sneaking suspicion I failed.

I scored a 69 like many of the others who have posted. It's frustrating not getting to see what problems you missed or to know how many you got right. My diagnostic report is provided below if that's a help to anyone. (I took the Mechanical Design Depth from the 0402 exam)

Breadth-Basic Eng. Practice 58

Breadth-Mechanical Syst-Matl 50

Breadth-Hydraulics/Fluids 57

Breadth-Energy/Power Sys 50

Breadth-HVAC/Refrig 43

MSM-Statics 67

MSM-Kinematics 67

MSM-Material Dynamics 25

MSM-Material Props 75

MSM-Strength of Matls 43

MSM-Mechanical Components 75

MSM-Joints and Fasteners 50

MSM-Vib\Dyn Analysis 75

MSM-Materials and Process 75

Got home from Vacation Sunday morning around 2 (From DisneyWorld). I had been following the post while on vacation and when the names got posted and mine didn't make it, I had a sneaking suspicion I failed.
I scored a 69 like many of the others who have posted. It's frustrating not getting to see what problems you missed or to know how many you got right. My diagnostic report is provided below if that's a help to anyone. (I took the Mechanical Design Depth from the 0402 exam)

Breadth-Basic Eng. Practice 58

Breadth-Mechanical Syst-Matl 50

Breadth-Hydraulics/Fluids 57

Breadth-Energy/Power Sys 50

Breadth-HVAC/Refrig 43

MSM-Statics 67

MSM-Kinematics 67

MSM-Material Dynamics 25

MSM-Material Props 75

MSM-Strength of Matls 43

MSM-Mechanical Components 75

MSM-Joints and Fasteners 50

MSM-Vib\Dyn Analysis 75

MSM-Materials and Process 75
Sorry to hear that! Keep study and work hard that you will pass!!

I simply calc. your score that your AM is around 21 and PM around 24 to 25. And you received a 69 raw score. So your total score should be around 45 to 46. The cut score this time for the "ME MD"is around 47, 48 or above. One point of the raw score doesn't mean 1 question on the exam. I will imporve the AM score to 28 and you will make it next time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone in northern VA didnt get his/her letter yet??
I still haven't gotten mine, so I finally called the Board today. She said that there was something wrong with my record and she was going to refer it to Exam Services (I'm assuming she meant Engineering Examination Services) and they would have to fix the issue. She wouldn't tell me if I passed or not or any other information. She couldn't tell me what was wrong with my record or anything else. She said it would take them 2-3 days to sort it out and then they would mail out my results. I'm hoping that maybe, just maybe, I actually passed and they just have some sort of clerical error.

By my count, another 200+ names were added today. We're up to 30029 names in the system. I believe we were at 29824 yesterday.
But, alas, I'm not there. And, no letter. They're really trying to get to me, huh?

:wacko:
As of today the number dropped. Its now 29830! Something is wrong with the website/system I believe !!

Did you all get the letters from the board? The passing letter or the diagnostic report? Kindly advise! So far, I got nothing!

Did you all get the letters from the board? The passing letter or the diagnostic report? Kindly advise! So far, I got nothing!
I haven't received my letter yet, but I'm finally listed on the website as being a licensed engineer!!! That must mean I passed!

:pASSED2:

If you haven't received anything yet, you have to call them. If I hadn't called them, they wouldn't have referred my record to Exam Services and I'd still be waiting for something! So, I would recommend calling them today!

I haven't received my letter yet, but I'm finally listed on the website as being a licensed engineer!!! That must mean I passed!

:pASSED2:

If you haven't received anything yet, you have to call them. If I hadn't called them, they wouldn't have referred my record to Exam Services and I'd still be waiting for something! So, I would recommend calling them today!
Congratulations! At least the waiting is over for you. Wish me good luck. I will wait till the end of the week, hope its the same situation like what happened in my EIT results!

I really don't think you should wait until the end of the week. There is no reason yours would be 2 weeks later than everyone else's unless there was an error in the system (wrong address or mistake with the records). And, waiting is just torture. I got the impression that if I hadn't called, they wouldn't have known there was an issue. No sense waiting another week and a half if you can avoid it! If you passed, you're just living in misery. If you failed, it's better to get the failure report so you know what to work on for next time.

Good luck!!!

I really don't think you should wait until the end of the week. There is no reason yours would be 2 weeks later than everyone else's unless there was an error in the system (wrong address or mistake with the records). And, waiting is just torture. I got the impression that if I hadn't called, they wouldn't have known there was an issue. No sense waiting another week and a half if you can avoid it! If you passed, you're just living in misery. If you failed, it's better to get the failure report so you know what to work on for next time.
Good luck!!!
Its a torture I agree, I will call them up and see how it goes you are right!

so glad to hear you passed Hokie Girl! I am a mechanical as well and missed it by a couple of points. I hope to get it done in October. What afternoon section did you take?

so glad to hear you passed Hokie Girl! I am a mechanical as well and missed it by a couple of points. I hope to get it done in October. What afternoon section did you take?
I was Machine Design depth. I'm still waiting for my letter, worried that my name will disappear from the Virginia Board website. I had already started working out my study plan for this fall, so I understand what you're going through. I wish I could offer some advice, but I really just think I got lucky that the questions were well suited to my strengths. It just seems like a crap shoot sometimes!

Good luck!

I was Machine Design depth. I'm still waiting for my letter, worried that my name will disappear from the Virginia Board website. I had already started working out my study plan for this fall, so I understand what you're going through. I wish I could offer some advice, but I really just think I got lucky that the questions were well suited to my strengths. It just seems like a crap shoot sometimes!

Good luck!
Congrats, HokieGirl! You can throw that study plan away now.

Hey I lost my password and couldn't remember it ( I am ABH). I passed the PE , first time. I think I was lucky because I felt ok about 33 questions in the morning and guessed about 15 in the afternoon so a total of 22 guesses( some of them are good guesses but the majority were blind guesses, believe me). Congrats to whomever passed this time, if you didn't pass, don't worry, you will pass if you prepare yourself to answer 35 correctly in the morning and 20 in the afternoon ( don't try to answer all of them, only if you have time but make sure you answer 35 in the morning correctly and 20 in the afternoon , don't overkill it, take your time ) that was my strategy because I didn't have time to prepare, my objective was 35+21, I probably did a 35+25 but I really feel that with even a 30+20 correct you will get the other 6 out of 30 by luck ( before you start guessing the problems you didn't have time working out, look at your answer sheet ( if you see that you answered many As, Bs, Ds and not many Cs, your best bet is a C for all the guessed answers. If you see that a column of answers has a lot of Bs then maybe you could assume B to complete the answers within that column ). Get your 50 problems correct then work hard to get the 5 or 6 out of 30. And don't be hard on yourself, if you are not a PE now you will be soon. Time flies and all these days we spent talking about the PE exam will be history.
Again Congrats to anyone who passed this time and best luck to the others.

Ami congrat....... Approximately how long did you study for..You mentioned that you didn't have time to prepare.

Back