VA Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i got my letter yesterday as well (northern virginia) and got a 69... i plugged my diagnostic percentages into a spreadsheet i found on this site, and it looks like i got 52 questions correct, with 56 generally being the "pass" score. it's a bummer, but better luck next time i guess.

congrats to those who passed and good luck to the rest of us!

fyi, the spreadsheet for the CIVIL diagnostic can be found here: http://engineerboards.com/index.php?showtopic=10298&hl

Last edited by a moderator:
That spreadsheet is pretty cool. Does anybody have one for Mechanical PE from Thermo and Fluids?

Okay, I took the sreadsheet and adapted it to the mechanical categories. However, the percentage I got was substantially less than the score I received. Is this because of the curve? Or is there something I am not thinking about?

Okay, I took the sreadsheet and adapted it to the mechanical categories. However, the percentage I got was substantially less than the score I received. Is this because of the curve? Or is there something I am not thinking about?
yes, i would imagine it would be because of the curve. my 52/80 correct is 65%, whereas my score per my letter was a 69.

then I have done something drastically wrong. I got a 67 from DPOR but when I tallied the percentages, the spreadsheet says based on the percentage that I got correct calculates that I got a 53%. Back to the excel drawing board I guess.

Still no letter again today and I'm in northern Virginia. I know it's unlikely now that I'll get a "you passed" letter, but I'm still clinging to the hope until I see it in writing.

:mail-296:

Still no letter again today and I'm in northern Virginia. I know it's unlikely now that I'll get a "you passed" letter, but I'm still clinging to the hope until I see it in writing.

I am still waiting for the letter too. I live in MD

then I have done something drastically wrong. I got a 67 from DPOR but when I tallied the percentages, the spreadsheet says based on the percentage that I got correct calculates that I got a 53%. Back to the excel drawing board I guess.
Understand the difference between a RAW score (what you get from using the excel spreadsheet) and a CUT score (which is what NCEES creates when they convert your raw score into something that can be compared with a 70 as the pass/fail margin.

i got my letter yesterday as well (northern virginia) and got a 69... i plugged my diagnostic percentages into a spreadsheet i found on this site, and it looks like i got 52 questions correct, with 56 generally being the "pass" score. it's a bummer, but better luck next time i guess.

fyi, the spreadsheet for the CIVIL diagnostic can be found here: http://engineerboards.com/index.php?showtopic=10298&hl
Thanks for sharing that info. Very few post their results when they receive negative results. The only people that post are the ones that pass the exam and usually are new to this site. My hat goes out to you. Question, which depth of the civil exam did you take.

hang in there!!! I was going through the same thing last time around. For some reason my letter was lost in the mail and they had to resend another letter so ridiculous. Unfortunately my letter said I didnt pass last time and got a 68%. This time around I finally passed thank god with an 81% which is a weighted average.

hang in there!!! I was going through the same thing last time around. For some reason my letter was lost in the mail and they had to resend another letter so ridiculous. Unfortunately my letter said I didnt pass last time and got a 68%. This time around I finally passed thank god with an 81% which is a weighted average.
Congratulations. I got my result today and I was not fortunate enough. Getting ready for next time.

By my count, another 200+ names were added today. We're up to 30029 names in the system. I believe we were at 29824 yesterday.

But, alas, I'm not there. And, no letter. They're really trying to get to me, huh?

:wacko:

Thanks for sharing that info. Very few post their results when they receive negative results. The only people that post are the ones that pass the exam and usually are new to this site. My hat goes out to you. Question, which depth of the civil exam did you take.

i took the transportation depth.

By my count, another 200+ names were added today. We're up to 30029 names in the system. I believe we were at 29824 yesterday.
But, alas, I'm not there. And, no letter. They're really trying to get to me, huh?

:wacko:
I haven't received my letter yet either (which conjured up thoughts of them taking away my passing score), so I called APELSCIDLA's office (804.367.8512) to confirm my address. Sure enough they had my old address. So if you've recently moved, you may want to call and confirm your address.

Received the pass letter today with a score of 79. I don't know what that means. I still believe in my heart that I answered only about 55 to 58 correctly and guessed the rest, many of them were blind guesses. From that I think 50 correct answers would do it, not 56.

Received the pass letter today with a score of 79. I don't know what that means. I still believe in my heart that I answered only about 55 to 58 correctly and guessed the rest, many of them were blind guesses. From that I think 50 correct answers would do it, not 56.
Amin,

Congratulation! Are you in northern VA?

Amin,

Congratulation! Are you in northern VA?
Thank you. No I am actually in Florida, trying to go back to VA. I am still looking for a job.

If you didn't get the letter , technically you didn't fail. Check with DPOR if they have your ethics test on file and best luck to you. If you didn't pass you will pass next time.

Good luck Hokie and remember " Go Hokies" :)

Back