VA Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am in Richmond. I got it yesterday, 21st. THe letter was dated 17th.
I still don't have mine yet- Stafford area. I keep checking online- sometimes I think that I'm really dreaming that I actually passed. I will be relieved when the notice arrives in paper format. Does anyone know if we get a pass letter and then have to file for the liscence? Or is the liscense automatically generated with the pass (and liscence number assignment on the DPOR site)?

I'm in DC. My name is in the online system, but I have not getting anything in the mail yet.

Not an engineer, have not taken the FE. Just here checking for my wife. Here is the jist: She just took the exam in Richmond, and has not seen her name on the website, nor has she gotten a letter in the mail.

So, just because her name is not posted does this mean she DEFENITALLY did not pass? I guess what I am asking, is do they upload names to the website in batches, or is it just one entire upload with all the names?

Really appreciate the assistnace. Congrats to all those that passed this major milestone in the life!

Not an engineer, have not taken the FE. Just here checking for my wife. Here is the jist: She just took the exam in Richmond, and has not seen her name on the website, nor has she gotten a letter in the mail.
So, just because her name is not posted does this mean she DEFENITALLY did not pass? I guess what I am asking, is do they upload names to the website in batches, or is it just one entire upload with all the names?

Really appreciate the assistnace. Congrats to all those that passed this major milestone in the life!
Who really knows what they do! I think the general consensus is that all the names have been uploaded...

She should call and check to see if the licensing department has all her information on file. There was a take-home ethics test that had to be completed before any results were distributed (online or via letter and regardless of pass/fail). She should have taken it and sent it in prior to be approved to sit for the exam, but some on the board have called the department and theirs wasn't on file (even though they sent it in). It's worth a check.

good luck

Great information, thanks for the assistance.

I really hope she has passed. I am sure my quality of life will worsen (at least for the short-term) if she didn't!

Great information, thanks for the assistance.
I really hope she has passed. I am sure my quality of life will worsen (at least for the short-term) if she didn't!

For what it is worth, I have checked with some of the PE's at my work and have been told by a couple that they're names never showed up on the site until after they recieved their letter.

If you name does not show up...... it is all speculation at this point, the answer will come in the mail.

I am in Richmond. I got it yesterday, 21st. THe letter was dated 17th.
I still don't have mine yet- Stafford area. I keep checking online- sometimes I think that I'm really dreaming that I actually passed. I will be relieved when the notice arrives in paper format. Does anyone know if we get a pass letter and then have to file for the liscence? Or is the liscense automatically generated with the pass (and liscence number assignment on the DPOR site)?
No you do not have to file for a license. If you passed, your letter will arrive in the mail, and shortly thereafter your license will arrive in the mail as well. (This is what I understand from my coworkers). If you passed your name would be on the DPOR site now, with your license number. Every go 'round there is rumblings about DPOR uploading in "waves" so to speak and has never been proven to have happened, so sadly I wouldn't count on it. I was the same way last year though, I wasn't satisfied until I received my results letter.

Finally, the wait is over. I got my Diagnostic report in the mail. Examination Score was 69 whereas minimum score necessary to pass was 70.
I just received the same thing in the mail. "Examination Score was 69 whereas minimum score necessary to pass was 70" Didn't they stop telling people the results when it is a failing score? I don't believe that!

Congrats to those of you who passed :)

Back to studying...

I wanted to respond this question. My name is not up on the website. I received a letter yesterday, however, saying that I passed but that they didn't have my "rules and regulations" exam on file (which is garbage b/c I sent it in months ago). Rather than argue, I retook the exam and sent it in again.

So, to answer your question: NO. The website is not a guaranteed source as to whether you passed or not. Wait for your letter, or call them up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally, the wait is over. I got my Diagnostic report in the mail. Examination Score was 69 whereas minimum score necessary to pass was 70.
I just received the same thing in the mail. "Examination Score was 69 whereas minimum score necessary to pass was 70" Didn't they stop telling people the results when it is a failing score? I don't believe that!

Congrats to those of you who passed :)

Back to studying...
I also received my letter...63. Obviously not the score I was hoping for, but since my degree is in electrical engineering, I feel hopeful for the next go-round. Congratulations to all those that passed and in particular to those that passed after many attempts!

Well my thoughts were confirmed yesterday. I received my letter. I got a 67. So figure that is probably a miss by 2-3 questions. I aced three sections and scored well in all but two sections. Guess I will hit those extra hard for next time. Hopefully the third time will be the charm. Congratulations to all that passed, and to those who didnt we will get it next time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back