TV - What are you watching?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$30 set of rabbit ears is really all you need. I just installed a larger, more permanent setup in the attic to cover the whole house. KF taught me that.

No I tried them last time the satellite went out and got nothing. There is a gigantic metal thing on the roof, I just can't figure out what wire out of the 40 that dangle down is actually connected to it.

Signed up for my free month of Amazon Prime yesterday, I will be spending the next month checking out the various things there to see if it's worth the $100/yr.

let me know, we are thinking about suspending our tv from feb to sept this next year (we can not give up football)
National TV covers almost every NFL game (except MNF if it's not local)... :p

not really wanting to deal with hooking up anything at this place to try to get a signal
You don't have to if you know the way of the ninja. All you need is an internet connection. ;)

$30 set of rabbit ears is really all you need. I just installed a larger, more permanent setup in the attic to cover the whole house. KF taught me that.

No I tried them last time the satellite went out and got nothing. There is a gigantic metal thing on the roof, I just can't figure out what wire out of the 40 that dangle down is actually connected to it.
Yes but that was probably the directional variety and could have been corroded some being outdoors. Would severely impact your signal reception. I'm betting it also wasn't amplified which is "strike 2". ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Signed up for my free month of Amazon Prime yesterday, I will be spending the next month checking out the various things there to see if it's worth the $100/yr.

let me know, we are thinking about suspending our tv from feb to sept this next year (we can not give up football)
National TV covers almost every NFL game (except MNF if it's not local)... :p

not really wanting to deal with hooking up anything at this place to try to get a signal
You don't have to if you know the way of the ninja. All you need is an internet connection. ;)

Yes but that was probably the directional variety and could have been corroded some being outdoors. Would severely impact your signal reception. I'm betting it also wasn't amplified which is "strike 2". ;)

No I took the rabbit ears out of a drawer and put them on top of the tv and didn't get anything... I couldn't figure out how to connect to the thing on the roof... geesh, if you are going to tell me I'm wrong, at least read what I wrote first

Last edited by a moderator:
An amplified antenna is a must unless you live near the source, and even then it needs to be in a good spot in the house. Even with the amplifier and the antenna pointed in the right direction, channel 4 still gets shaky.

An amplified antenna is a must unless you live near the source, and even then it needs to be in a good spot in the house. Even with the amplifier and the antenna pointed in the right direction, channel 4 still gets shaky.

I'm sure, just seems like a lot of effort to put in to a rental house

Agreed. Would not have done it if it weren't my house. So it would be the internet option for you. Which is completely reliable for you. ;)

Agreed. Would not have done it if it weren't my house. So it would be the internet option for you. Which is completely reliable for you. ;)

HA you're funny

I am just destined to deal with the civil war ghosts screwing with everything until we move

So, did anyone catch the final episode of Sons of Anarchy?

What a major flop of a last episode. The club should have been the one to take out Jax. The idiotic 25 MPH police chase, all the Jesus bread/wine references, the fact that Jax shoots a guy outside of what was either a jail or courthouse and isn't pursued by anyone... Kurt Sutter gave zero fucks about that one after what was otherwise an OK season.

I will say, I am SO glad I will never have to hear anymore of the soundtrack for that show. Between last week's Katy Segal singing and all of the other shitty covers that are piped in during completely irrelevent sequences, I just couldn't take it anymore...

The only thing that I liked about the final episode was who was driving the semi truck.

That about sums it up.

The real question - what will fill the SOA time slot? FX is really phasing out a lot of shows that haven't been filled - SOA, Rescue Me, Justified is heading into its last season... they better come up with something good, and fast.

Just finished Dexter. Time to move on to something new, just not quite sure what yet.

That about sums it up.

The real question - what will fill the SOA time slot? FX is really phasing out a lot of shows that haven't been filled - SOA, Rescue Me, Justified is heading into its last season... they better come up with something good, and fast.
fx has become a movie marathon channel of late. They buy one movie and replay it all day for a couple days...annoying actually

I never got into Justified..

I am sure they have something planned to fill the time slot. Too much of a money generator for them not to have something!

Its funny how you forget these shows. I was addicted to Rescue Me but I couldn't tell you for the life of me how that show ended?

I thought the Shield ending was better than SOA for the most part. (was that also a Sutter show)?

I never got into Justified..

I am sure they have something planned to fill the time slot. Too much of a money generator for them not to have something!

Its funny how you forget these shows. I was addicted to Rescue Me but I couldn't tell you for the life of me how that show ended?

I thought the Shield ending was better than SOA for the most part. (was that also a Sutter show)?

Rescue Me ended with Lou's death.

As for The Shield, no idea - I never got into that show.

I'm a Longmire fan. I'm glad that Netflix picked up season 4. I have a friend who is a regular actor on the show (Ferg).

My oldest sister is usually a good judge of decent Netflix content, and she said Damages is one of her favorite shows. Stars Glenn Close as a cut throat lawyer.

I'm in the process of ditching cable so I've been catching up on Sons of Anarchy on Netflix. On one hand I wish I hadn't waited so long to start watching. On the other hand, it's nice being able to sit down and watch the whole thing with no commercials and no breaks between shows.

Back