TV - What are you watching?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was liking The Newsroom. Now that it is cancelled I'll have to resort to watching mind numbing reruns of jersey shore.

I hope HBO's streaming option isn't a fortune when they separate from cable next year! we did enjoy that FX show Married...
Should be less than $10/mo based on various reports (similar to Hulu+). I don't need it though. :asthanos:

Mrs Dex has been into Grays Anatomy on Netflix. She watched a few shows each day. It's not a bad show.
Ha ha. Just give it time to suck. It becomes horrible.

Mrs Dex has been into Grays Anatomy on Netflix. She watched a few shows each day. It's not a bad show.
Ha ha. Just give it time to suck. It becomes horrible.

Once I start watching a show I tend to tenaciously hang on until the bitter end, but good grief Grey's Anatomy has gotten so bad I can hardly stand to watch it any more.

^ ha ha. I know what you mean. LOST got that way for me as well. I couldn't even tell you what season of Gray's we stopped watching. It's been that long. LOL

Mrs NJ watches that crappy show. I refuse to. Even a crappy Thursday night football game is better than that show.

Njm I feel your pain. Same boat here. I'd even watch a jets game.

^ ha ha. I know what you mean. LOST got that way for me as well. I couldn't even tell you what season of Gray's we stopped watching. It's been that long. LOL

When I saw the final episode of Lost, I immediately called my sister and bitched her out (she was the one who told me to watch the show). Those were far too many hours of my life I'll never get back.

It's like the writers of all these shows go way off the deep end around season 3-- even 24 was pretty awful after season 2...

Last edited by a moderator:
We will probably watch the whole thing. We just started season 9 the other day and it is starting to get harder to watch.

I got my parents a Roku for Christmas and they watched Orange is the New Black in the time since. They both enjoyed it, but my mom texted me, "There's a lot of sex!"

I would love to do this, but what about TBS, TNT, ESPN for sports? Not to mention Fox sports Midwest or South. Can you get those without a dish or cable?
That's the major drawback... Hard to do if you are a sports junkie / fan...
And soon sports fans will have an option with cutting cable. At some point in 2015, one could theoretically only be paying for HBO, ESPN, Hulu+, and Netflix and be pretty squared away on the streaming front. Though I would probably only sign up for ESPN streaming during NFL season.

http://gizmodo.com/you-can-now-stream-espn-on-the-web-for-20-a-month-1677531245?utm_campaign=socialflow_gizmodo_facebook&utm_source=gizmodo_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

I would love to do this, but what about TBS, TNT, ESPN for sports? Not to mention Fox sports Midwest or South. Can you get those without a dish or cable?
That's the major drawback... Hard to do if you are a sports junkie / fan...
And soon sports fans will have an option with cutting cable. At some point in 2015, one could theoretically only be paying for HBO, ESPN, Hulu+, and Netflix and be pretty squared away on the streaming front. Though I would probably only sign up for ESPN streaming during NFL season.

http://gizmodo.com/you-can-now-stream-espn-on-the-web-for-20-a-month-1677531245?utm_campaign=socialflow_gizmodo_facebook&utm_source=gizmodo_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

if you live where there is reliable service.... we had them come out to the house to test for a HomeFusion broadband device and they still couldn't get us on a 4G network

Back