This Story Sucks

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Yes, sir. I'm sorry sir." Kevo gulped a drink from his tumbler. "But just in case, you know, as an emergency measure...."

"What? What did you design as an emergency measure, kevo?" Worley growled again.

"What do you mean? What good would that do, kevo?" Worley was confused now. He couldn't imagine why someone would want to jettison the 1.6-mile long treadmill. It was the key feature of the Clinton!

"Because, sir, there are six nuclear aircraft carriers underneath it, and - "

Kevo looked at Wilheld. Wilheld rubbed his eyes. "Well, sir, there's six of them..."

"Well, sir, there's only one USS Clinton. But if we jettison the treadmill superstructure, we'll have six conventional, nuclear aircraft carriers."

"Without any aircraft! What good would that do!" Worley spoke angrily again.

"But sir! This thing is huge! What good will this behemoth do us as pirates! Six aircraft carriers would allow us to dominate the seas again! We could take back America!" kevo said, emphatically.

Wilheld chimed in. "I have connections in Korea and Australia. We could probably buy back some used F-18s!"

"No! Every once in a while, a Man has to take a stand for what's important to him!" Worley walked around the lounge, both arms gesturing around him. "This!" he said, forcefully. "Is what's important to me. If I'm going to be captain of a pirate ship, this is the best possible lounge a captain could have!"

"This is my castle! Let Gore have his homoerotic Lord of the Rings stuff. THIS IS MINE!"

:appl: :appl: :appl:

"Bravo, sir! Well done!" Wilheld left the lounge.

Kevo sat back down in the plush red velvet couch. "You've convinced me. Pour me another one, Admiral!"

[SIZE=24pt]THE END[/SIZE]

:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back