~~**-- The Weather Thread --**~~

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Boyfriend turned on the heat today. And then turned it off when I posted that on FB 😂 its 45ish and grey rain. I was shocked to find the heater on 😂

We have a tornado headed right for the second bridge to the beach! (The other one is still out of commission. They haven't even started working on it yet.)

We've have a few other tornado warnings nearby, but luckily they've died off before doing much damage. Ivan brought a butt load of tornadoes, and those did more damage than the hurricane. I could see this one producing a lot of 'naders.

Screenshot_20201028-182748.png

Yesterday felt like June instead of November and this morning we're having a thunderstorm. Wonder what Thanksgiving will bring...
They shut down I-85 down this way due to flooding 😳

Man, I feel bad for some of the local folks.  @Ble_PE might remember the subdivisions off Regent Parkway in Fort Mill, SC.  There is a creek that runs quite a ways behind several of the houses that has gotten high in the past but never come anywhere close to flooding, and none of the homes are classified as being in a floodplain. 

Well, those storms we got last week put about 2 feet of water through the entire downstairs of several of those homes, none of which had flood insurance.  The next day, the residents were warned to clean up as little as possible, because they are bringing in enviros to investigate, as they believe the flooding there may have been caused by them opening the dam to help prevent some of the areas north of them from getting too high. 

I hope SC declares it a disaster area so they can at least get some financial assistance/tax credits to fix the damage.  

^Are you talking about Sugar Creek? That's crazy if that's the case because theres no way that's a floodplain.
Yep!  This was a picture one of the women posted on the local FB page asking for electrician recommendations to come test all her outlets after one of the remediation companies pumped everything out.

flooding.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, good.  MORE rain today.  Because I was worried that I wouldn't have enough mud in the house.  Never mind that every square inch of our carpet and hardwoods is already covered in dog mud.  Surely that chunk of mud that is inexplicably on our 10 foot living room ceiling won't be enough to hold the family over on its own.  

SNOW STORM! enough snow coming down that they can plow and 15min later, it looks like they didn't. getting home & into my driveway later will be a blast

Everyone is outside wearing puffy winter coats, hats/hoods, and gloves.  I just checked the temp - it's 54F outside...

30's out now, but will be mid 50's later today. Unfortunately, the daily freeze/thaw/freeze/thaw is wreaking havoc on my allergies and on the local bike trails. They've all been closed pretty much straight through for the past month and a half or so.

there was a winter advisory here last night that said we were supposed to get 1-2 inches. First it was suppose to start at 3pm, then 5, then 7...the snow never materialized. suppose to almost hit 50 later this week.

I hear you on the allergies Supe, the right side of my head is messed up, the ear, the cheek bone, and the head. Made for some horrible sleeping

there was a winter advisory here last night that said we were supposed to get 1-2 inches. First it was suppose to start at 3pm, then 5, then 7...the snow never materialized. suppose to almost hit 50 later this week.

I hear you on the allergies Supe, the right side of my head is messed up, the ear, the cheek bone, and the head. Made for some horrible sleeping
I have my six month appointment for serum refills on Friday. I'm going to die doing the "breathalyzer" test!

Back