~~**-- The Weather Thread --**~~

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, it was cold all last week. It was -20 both last night as well as Saturday night. I think tonight will be like -17.

I'm so ready for something above freezing.

I'd kill for ice/snow at this point - anything to get rid of this f'ing mud. It's so deep, Junior lost a boot in the backyard yesterday.

I'd kill for ice/snow at this point - anything to get rid of this f'ing mud. It's so deep, Junior lost a boot in the backyard yesterday.

This is a rite of passage for spring around here. As the frost thaws there is nowhere for the water to go, so it's super mud every spring. As a kid I would lose a boot in the mud at least once every spring.

We've had some nice sunny days here lately. With highs around 10 degrees F.

1613422599382.png
My front yard...Currently experiencing what will probably be the high for the day 20F. We've been lucky because we haven't had any extended power outages, only 3 hours. About 60% of ATX has been without power for since about 2AM...

It is so, so crazy to see all the Texas snow pics. I think ATX has the same temps as where I'm at right now in the Midwest...nuts. Glad you haven't had any extended power outages!

Have friends in Katy that were at more than 10 hrs without power yesterday at 9:30AM. No word saying it was back on yet.

my coworker in the KC area has rolling blackouts as well due to the weather there. Corporate sent an email about it.

It's wild that it's warmer in the northeast than TX.
we're hovering about 30-33F so we've got freezing rain mostly rn.

Rolling outages supposedly stopped as of this AM. Now the people without power are probably those left because of storm damage. We (and apparently most of ATX, San Anontio, and Houston) are without water for a little over a day. Some people have been out for longer. The city is not willing to give a timeline at this point as to when water will be restored. FWIW, I'm thinking this will probably end up being the bigger story...

It was 70 sat, will be 70 Tuesday and it’s snowing today. WTF.
Good weather today for bacon pizza and maple stout

FINALLY some warm weather here after what seems like it’s been the coldest year on record, ha. Anyway, it’s currently 75 degrees and sunny, and apparently got all the way up to 80 earlier today. My cat loves it, and is much chiller when he can sunbathe and soak up all the warmth for several hours in a day.

Rainy overcast hot garbage the past two days. All my friends are making their "first day of Fall!" posts on Facebook, but it's supposed to be 86°F later in the week.

FINALLY some warm weather here after what seems like it’s been the coldest year on record, ha. Anyway, it’s currently 75 degrees and sunny, and apparently got all the way up to 80 earlier today. My cat loves it, and is much chiller when he can sunbathe and soak up all the warmth for several hours in a day.
Wait a minute. It's just now getting warm where you are?

It was a brisk 88F, 75% humidity here yesterday. Feels like fall.

Back