~~**-- The Weather Thread --**~~

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We had a really mild January but it looks like mother nature is going to come back for some payback in February. I think 5 of next 9 days have snow in the forecast... 

Oh well, all my non native trees in my yard need moisture so its all good :D

72 today, high of 69 for next three days before dropping to highs of 55...

It’s fuck this 5 degree weather drinking night...

14569a006cdc7332bb380e957e853bc6.jpg

Did you forget another 5?  Oh, that's right, you're not in North Carolina 😄 

since it was 70 on Sunday we made a few jars of our "sugar free' home made margaritas, -basically fresh squeezed limes and tequila..   We couldn't find our normal go to tequila so the cheaper stuff we add some orange slices to make it taste a little better!

It was 50 on Sunday at my house. -6 this morning.

Last edited by a moderator:
I took the doors of the jeep Sunday, it was a huge mistake cause now I am sort of over this single digit temp BS we are having!

Supposed to get nasty thunderstorms next two days.  My former boss reminded me that I'm technically not assigned to this office and am allowed to work remotely, so I may have to take him up on his suggestion, LOL.

It was 70 degrees yesterday morning.  Dropped around 35 degrees by 11am to 35F.  Now we're supposed to be getting freezing rain (up to 0.2-inch ice accumulation) with some snow from 4PM tonight to 10AM tomorrow, but the satellites look more like it's doing rain/snow until Friday 10AM.  Ugh.  Want to go to the gym, but I fear ice more than snow.

I stole this from a guy on the radio, but lately our weather has been similar to when they read the lottery balls:

54, 70, 2, 19, 48, 5

Wicked storm day Thursday.  Multiple tornadoes spotted, I hauled ass out of work and made it home just in time.  No tornado at my house, but one was spotted just a few miles down the road by my old gym.  Blinding rain and high winds, only damage was one big tree branch down in the backyard.  Tornado hit Junior's school, sucked a couple double doors open and ripped them off their hinges and took out power, otherwise, no structural damage and everyone was safe.  I think the only casualty I heard of was one driver who was crushed by a falling tree/limb.  Pretty wild for this area!

It was 91 here on Saturday and 88 on Sunday. I set up a sprinkler for the kids to play in on both days because it was so hot. Of course, by Wednesday the high is supposed to be in the mid 50s, but that's par for the course this time of year.

Back