~~**-- The Weather Thread --**~~

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm totally on board with 4 months of clouds if that means no snow.

Actually no, I need sunshine or else I get depressed.

source.gif

I'm totally on board with 4 months of clouds if that means no snow.

Actually no, I need sunshine or else I get depressed.
When I worked in Texas City, there was a period in either the Fall of '02 or '03 where the sky was covered in clouds for 40 straight days.  Not one bit of blue sky to be seen for 40 days.  No lie.  Towards the end, there was a break in the clouds on the other side of the site that allowed a ray of sunlight get through.  I didn't realize how off (bad) I felt until I saw the sun.  I felt really good for a couple of minutes.  Then the clouds swallowed up the sun again.  I discovered then how much the lack of sunlight affects me.

:true:

They're not affecting where I am yet, but damn, wildfire season is in full force again. Here's to wishing the firefighters luck with the weather conditions and thanking them for their incredibly hard work. Also, hoping not much damage is done to structures and no deaths/injuries.

Temps have crept back up in the mid-upper 70's, but now its supposed to rain/thunderstorm tomorrow and on Halloween.

Rain - the kind that's just heavy enough to warrant use of your wipers, but just light enough that you spend your entire drive trying to find the right speed for your wipers.

Not sure where in the midwest you are, but regardless, don't worry it'll be -10 F before you know it. 

I, I, just....It's going to be mid-50s here today, in Indy, and I keep waiting for that autumn wind/weather from NY.  Like, the leaves are changing but not really falling (some fell sue to a really heavy rainstorm on Saturday, but nothing after this).  It's too warm here.

I see it was 9 F in Indy this morning.  Cold enough for you yet?  Just have faith, it'll get even colder.

I see it was 9 F in Indy this morning.  Cold enough for you yet?  Just have faith, it'll get even colder.
Tbh?  Not really.  I mean, it's cold, but it's not a wet/windy cold.  Office is more uncomfortable than I was outside (I have many windows and not much insulation).  Also, snow is really powdery here!  It doesn't crunch when you step on it!

Rainy and warm-ish this morning, raining harder and getting progressively colder as the day moves forward.  

about 3 inches of snow yesterday after several hours of rain in the morning.  Feels like temps in the negative today.  They closed both school and daycare today so I am home again.  Glad yesterday was a holiday or else I would have had to take it off too, or at least only work until noon to get home on time.  it was taking people 2.5 hrs to get home yesterday.

Back