The Running Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn 7:09 pace is awesome - I can maybe keep that up for a 400! (If it’s just 1-400)

I need to get back and run- maybe this weekend but I am also selfish and want a few more ski days?

No treadmill for me - //content.invisioncic.com/r86644/emoticons/default_biggrin.png

I bailed on my half for 29 Mar. They haven't canceled it yet but I expect them too. And tbh, I was a little too ambitious with my race schedule. Ive been telling with a hip thing so long runs have been agony. My coach/dpt and I chatted about the half. Im hoping to do my 10miler in May (whether the race or solo) but I think I'll stick to <10mi for awhile

Moo and I started C25k yesterday! The vet said by 1 year, she can run 3-5miles. And we've been inconsistent with her due to snow/ice - our running trails & sidewalks aren't really plowed/treated. But everything around us is clear now. She's terribly inconsistent at pacing - our run times ranged from 8:30/mi to 11:30/mi. But we covered 2.3mi in 31min so huzzah

Half marathon was cancelled this weekend. Well, not cancelled, rescheduled to Fall at some point. It was in town so I wasn't inconvenienced. But some friends had family coming from out of town to do the run so that was a bigger deal for them. Oh well, gives me a reason to keep training. *eyeballs office donuts*

Last edited by a moderator:
My half (that I bailed on) hasn't cancelled/postponed yet. It's in 2 weeks. And MA has banned gatherings over 25 people and ME groups over 50. And the race is from ME to MA so idk why they're taking so long. 

I haven't been running in over a week now.  Just haven't felt it.  should try to get back out there - maybe tomorrow..

My half (that I bailed on) hasn't cancelled/postponed yet. It's in 2 weeks. And MA has banned gatherings over 25 people and ME groups over 50. And the race is from ME to MA so idk why they're taking so long. 
Sounds like a good one.  Does it start in Kittery and end in Salisbury? 

ran today at lunch. its 43F here. wore capris and a light long sleeve. should have worn a tshirt, was dying the last half of my run 

I wonder if Spartan does refunds or are they just going to give us a coupon for a future event?

This reminds me why i normally pass on these overpriced races and events!

I race my daughter everyday for a 1/4 mile after our afternoon walks. She beats me every time because the hill leading up to our cul de sac is at like a 1:2 slope. Super steep and she has that brand new 5 year old energy at 2 in the afternoon. lol

I wonder if Spartan does refunds or are they just going to give us a coupon for a future event?

This reminds me why i normally pass on these overpriced races and events!
Keep in mind I signed up for this because my first race was cancelled and I had a free entry into this one. Fuck.

I got a little angered by there  "were here for you email" - with links to buy more stuff from them. no thinks - sort of thinking about filing a claim on my cc and say I didnt make this purchase!

- one time our cub scout pack did a 5K, we made like $20-grand, it was crazy, these things are a cash cow!

Email notification I got yesterday about a race cancellation:

Sorry to say that this year's race is canceled. It was a tough call given it's 2 months out, but, frankly, I just didn't think you'd be able to learn how to run in a world without snot rockets in less than 8 weeks. So, in light of your abhorrent personal hygiene and throwing no credit to your more positive compulsive tendencies like running and surely hand washing, the CDC has asked that we crush your olympic dreams once again this year. Maybe if you can learn how to use a Kleenex and stop chest bumping like GD Spartan racers every time you nail the Tyrolean Traverse we can have the race next year. 

I'm told that refunds have already been issued, so, take that money straight to the bank because, as George Bailey reminds us in It's a Wonderful Life, money you put in your neighbor's house is sure to be a confusing thing to withdraw when the new owners move in. Or something like that.

I know this is not the best news you've ever received but hey at least it's not the worst! And if it is the worst news you've ever received you are having a heck of a good day! Congrats!

Latest posts

Back