The Running Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ran about 4 miles this morning. Now I'm done for the day!

I sent in a registration for a 5k for me and my son about 3 weeks ago and I haven't heard anything from them. I'm sure it's cancelled, but I haven't heard about a refund yet...

3.28mi at lunch with Boyfriend. Coach said to run for 25min unstructured so I made him run with me. It was 5min walk, 25min run, 6min cooldown walk to get to 3.28mi.

Happy it was unstructured since I'm sore from lifting. But it felt pretty good! 

So since this working from home thing has been happening, I have picked back up on my running. I'm running three times a week, from 3-5 miles each time. I've gotta build my endurance back up to tackle the hills around here, especially since I live on top of one!

I run with my phone and my Garmin watch. Both track how far I run.

Alternatively, if you're running outdoors, you could map your run on something like "Map My Run" to figure out your distance based on what your route is.

What do you all think the odds a a mid June Marathon happening?  I am way behind but they haven't  cancelled it yet.  & Here in Co the Mountain Towns where the race is at are basically shooting non locals if they get out of their car?

Email notification I got yesterday about a race cancellation:
This made me laugh out loud. I appreciate humor like this. 

What do you all think the odds a a mid June Marathon happening?  I am way behind but they haven't  cancelled it yet.  & Here in Co the Mountain Towns where the race is at are basically shooting non locals if they get out of their car?
So I just saw yesterday that Bike Across Kansas was canceled for this year. That ride happens the first full week of June. I contacted Bike Ride Across Nebraska and they are leaning hard towards canceling. I'm guessing you'll hear in the next couple of weeks about things canceled in mid-June. 

Continue to not train and see what happens when you get to Leadville, though, in the event it's not canceled. Take pictures. 

I am assuming there is lots of walking anyways at that marathon, especially above 12,000 - but I was going to do some runs on mosquito pass once the snow started to subside & I assume that is out of the question...

I didnt pay yet, but missed the "early bird" March 31 registration, but at this point would rather pay a little extra than not get my $150 bucks back..  

Always next year....

I am assuming there is lots of walking anyways at that marathon, especially above 12,000 - but I was going to do some runs on mosquito pass once the snow started to subside & I assume that is out of the question...

I didnt pay yet, but missed the "early bird" March 31 registration, but at this point would rather pay a little extra than not get my $150 bucks back..  

Always next year....
I think marathons are almost all about time on feet. Have you thought of walking to Boulder? 

yeah I am assuming leadville wont want a few thousand visitors in mid June even if there is some normal life by then.

Oh well, back to not training!

I've got a race mid-May. They haven't communicated AT ALL. Which I'm annoyed about. All I want is an acknowledgement email "We're currently planning on hosting the race but we'll decide by X and let you know". Races before & after this one have cancelled. I have a race in mid-June that has sent 2 emails, one saying they're monitoring the situation and the second providing a postponement date & the date they'll make their decision if the race goes on as planned or if it's in August. 

Got my run in this morning. I love running outside when it's in the 50s. It's the perfect temperature to not get too hot and it's refreshing once you finish the run. One thing I've noticed since this virus crap started is that I've taken a decent amount of time off of my mile time. I'm consistently 45 seconds - 1 minute faster per mile now than I was back in February. 

We're through week 3 of C25k with the dog. I don't think she'll be a long distance dog - for running or hiking lol. I'm hoping I can get the occassional 5k out of her but I'd rather she hike long.

I ran 6mi yesterday after we did c25k at lunch. I am not taking time off of my mile time lol.

I'm trying to not my discouraged with where I'm at right now but it's hard 

I'm now running in the mornings since I'm not going to work.  Two mile runs at 6 AM, not many people out and it's pretty pleasant.  Calves sore and I can definitely "feel" the excess weight, but hopefully this'll knock it down over time.  The last time I ran was something like 6 years and 20 lbf ago. 

Trying to motivate to run tonight.  Still doing 5K loops around the neighborhood in the evenings while most are at dinner.  Got it down to at 7:07 pace on Sunday.  The hills are kicking my arse though.

Sorry MS //content.invisioncic.com/r86644/emoticons/default_sad.png

I’m going to run a few minutes before lunch hoping to beat the other million people out running at lunch -

5.5 miles at around a 10:30 pace - not to shabby for not having run much the last month...

(but I have never been much more than a 9:00 miler even in my best days)

sidewalks are crazy full, on the way back, ended up going through the various neighborhood streets cause it seemed like there was a lot more space..

Back