--**-- The Infirmary --**--

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today I'm home with 2 sick kids! They're both miserable and snotty and have bad sore throats...this should be fun. :suicide1:

Today I'm home with 2 sick kids! They're both miserable and snotty and have bad sore throats...this should be fun. :suicide1:
Guess who's next to be miserable and snotty with a bad sore throat. You can only hope that it makes a single pass through the house and does start a second round. Aaahh, the joys of parenthood.

Good luck Fraz and I hope I'm wrong and it doesn't get you, too.

You can only hope that it makes a single pass through the house and does start a second round. Aaahh, the joys of parenthood.
That's what has happened in my house since we have taken on responsibility for taking care of my little nephew during the weekends. It seems we get this multiple pass colds, sniffles, and every other manner of illness sweeping through this house. And since it has been A LONG time since we have had any small kids around I think it is kicking us good now.

Hope the kiddies feel better frazil! :)

JR

^^^We have the instant soup packets here in our kitchen at work... we refer to them as 'Cup of Salt'.

'Cup of Salt'.
I was on a kick where I didn't want to pack lunch everyday during the winter months, so I bought a box of ramen noodles... just like college - OH BOY!

About 2 weeks into eating ramens everyday, I found that I was having trouble focusing on my computer screen because my eyes would bounce with every heartbeat. My BP had to have been sky high over almost dead... I stopped that day, drank lots of water over the next few days and threw the rest of the packets away. YEESH.

On the sick front, I think I got my first migrane yesterday. I had a headache going into work that medication wouldn't help, by luch I was so nausiated, i went home. Threw up twice, slept for 6 hours during the day and I've been heavily medicated today. Still some headache, but much better. Bad headaches SUCK.

Bad headaches SUCK.
I'm sure Ray will agree with me on this one, having a pregnant wife that basically lives with a headache sucks; and there is nothing you can do to help. Tylenol or Sudafed, neither of which really helps...

Thank goodness we are in the home stretch..

Still some headache, but much better. Bad headaches SUCK.
I hope you can get plenty of rest - you are right about bad headaches (especially migraines) they do suck! I haven't had one in well over three years and I can still remember the experience vividly. *SHUDDERS*

Hope you feel better soon!

JR

I'm sure Ray will agree with me on this one, having a pregnant wife that basically lives with a headache sucks; and there is nothing you can do to help. Tylenol or Sudafed, neither of which really helps...
Thank goodness we are in the home stretch..
Not to mention the 24 hour a day heartburn my wife is having now (didn't have it with my son)... Other than some Rolaids or Tums, she can't do anything else.

When she isn't happy, no one is happy.

^^^ oh, how did I forget the heartburn? I should've bought stock in Tums..

The one thing my wife has been happy about is that she has only gained 8 pounds since becoming pregnant. It's a girl, but I'm not sure that has anything to do with it.

^^^I should have thrown a couple bags of Halls in that package for you Sapper. I pop those things like Pez.

I'm finally on the road to recovery now, but for the past 2 days I've been suffering from something out of one of Fudgey's nightmares.

I can't remember I time I have ever been that sick. Man it feels good to be able to keep food down again.

I got a concussion this weekend so I'm stuck at home. Good news is Engineering Disasters is on the History channel so I'm missing bad daytime TV. Bad news is it's 1:59 and I don't know what's going to happen at 2. :-(

Back