--**-- The Infirmary --**--

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cheerleader3.gif
Gooooooooooo Columbus!! I've been able to get tons done today because no one else has it off!

:banhim: :banhim: :banhim:

cheerleader3.gif
Gooooooooooo Columbus!! I've been able to get tons done today because no one else has it off!
I love Columbus Day, I get to work in an empty office, then use it for the day after Thanksgiving! :party-smiley-048:

I get them both off too. Now if there just could be a way to get xmas eve and the day after xmas off without using vacation time...

^ I never minded working Xmas week. It's the slowest week around - easy paycheck.
I don't mind working xmas week...it is the time needed to travel for the family obligations. The parents (both sides) get upset when you have leave at 2 pm on xmas to get back home at a resonable hour for work the next day.

I am home from work today. My pooch had minor surgery yesterday but she didn't quite recover as well as we thougth she would. I was up all night with her. I also think she would get completely wigged out if I left her here today by herself while she is still getting adjusted. I also have a service call this afternoon because my POS dryer shit the bed!

I swear ... it feels like when you have one COSTLY thing go wrong then that problem is quickly followed by other costly problems :eek:ldman: :brickwall:

I am going to try my best today to take my lemons and make lemonade :D

JR

I am home from work today. My pooch had minor surgery yesterday but she didn't quite recover as well as we thougth she would. I was up all night with her. I also think she would get completely wigged out if I left her here today by herself while she is still getting adjusted. I also have a service call this afternoon because my POS dryer shit the bed!
I swear ... it feels like when you have one COSTLY thing go wrong then that problem is quickly followed by other costly problems :eek:ldman: :brickwall:

JR
A pet getting surgeory sucks. They look so sad and pathetic and deep down you know they blame you for all the pain and suffering. Our dog had major major surgeory a couple years ago and he wouldnt look at us for several days. Of course then we would give him some pain pills and he would stumble around like a drunk frat boy.

JR
Hope your dog's recovery improves. What's the problem with the dryer? They're pretty simple devices, being an engineer you might be able to fix it pretty easily yourself. Electric or Gas? If it's electric check the fuses/breakers. There's one for the motor and one for the heat, if it's turning but not getting hot it might be as simple as resetting the breaker (ask me how I know)

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^ Thanks, she seems to be doing better by each passing hour. I think the shock and horror are wearing off.

As far as the dryer repair, my wife wanted to call the repair-person. In this case, I am thinking you have to chose your battles wisely ... I am going to let the repair person change the broken belt. :D

I get them both off.
Oohhh ... so this is what you meant? -->
clap1.gif

I am not sure what that means .... :dunno:

A pet getting surgeory sucks. They look so sad and pathetic and deep down you know they blame you for all the pain and suffering. Our dog had major major surgeory a couple years ago and he wouldnt look at us for several days. Of course then we would give him some pain pills and he would stumble around like a drunk frat boy.
Yeah .. my pooch isn't liking me today much. I wasn't as worried about the woozy wobbles since I am walking around with her - I was more concerned about that stupid collar thing they put around thier heads! <_< I took it off because it was completely freaking her out. She has been good about not picking or rubbing at the incision site so I think it's all good at this point.

JR

I wish I would have taken the day off...but like usual, the allergy attack doesn't start until I'm almost to work (~1 hr from home). I'm sneezing like crazy and my nose is dripping like a facuet...quite a funny sight with a tissue stuffed up my nostrils.
sneeze1.GIF

I am coming down with something fierce today. I called out from work. I tried to get myself going this morning to snap out of it. Showered, got dressed and everything but still felt dreadful. Finally gave up and called in.

^^^ Wow. I was fighting off something during my hectic travel schedule and it finally *HIT* me this weekend. I feel like absolute
4.gif
. Yeah .. that bad.

Today is a holiday for me, so I don't have to worry about vacation time. It just sucks that I will be pecking away at my graduate paper feeling like ..

Hope you feel better VTE. I hope I do too .. soon.

JR

^^^We moved my son into a bed last night from his crib (he displayed his strength and agility by showing me how he could throw one leg over the crib, hold on, swing the other leg over, and then drop down to a running position and take off... needless to say, we are scared that he would fall in the dark trying the same manuever. Last night he resisted sleeping in the bed (that looks like a car). Finally we got him to to go to bed, but my wife and I didn't sleep much last night waiting for him to come running into our room (which he didn't do of course).

There is not enough coffee in the world for me today. (Plus I get my performance review this afternoon).

-Ray

Back