--**-- The Infirmary --**--

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^^We moved my son into a bed last night from his crib (he displayed his strength and agility by showing me how he could throw one leg over the crib, hold on, swing the other leg over, and then drop down to a running position and take off... needless to say, we are scared that he would fall in the dark trying the same manuever. Last night he resisted sleeping in the bed (that looks like a car). Finally we got him to to go to bed, but my wife and I didn't sleep much last night waiting for him to come running into our room (which he didn't do of course).
There is not enough coffee in the world for me today. (Plus I get my performance review this afternoon).

-Ray
It's funny how they climb right out the crib. My son hoisted himself up on the rail, leaned over and flopped out of the crib onto the floor. My wife and I just heard the big "Thunk" and there he was standing on the floor. We thought it was hysterical that the next time he decided to bail out, he threw his pillow over the rail and onto the floor before going for the leap.

After that second shot we knew it was big-boy bed time.

I just got a prescription of Amoxicilin - Look at the Size of that !@#$ Pill !!!

Um .. yeah, I am hacking my head off with an extremely sore throat. Just what I need - a big solid object sliding down my throat.
1.gif

A couple of interesting things to note for the viewing audience:

1. If you have a need to identify pharmaceuticals (pills) - http://www.pharmer.org is a nice website to find prescription medicines info through thier search engine. This is nice for the person who has parents who like to mix different pills in different pill containers and can't remember thier dosing schedule.

2. Prescription medicine containers now include a label that provides a basic description of the pill (color, shape) plus any imprinted characters (letters, numbers) on the pill. Apparently this is in response to the prevalence of the parent comment in No. 1.

I'll go back to my hacking now ..
6.gif

JR

Amoxcillin..ugh. I got smacked with mono the first two weeks of 7th grade and they gave me that. I broke out in spots.

I'm not feeling really great today, and it is a holiday :mad:

It's funny how they climb right out the crib. My son hoisted himself up on the rail, leaned over and flopped out of the crib onto the floor. My wife and I just heard the big "Thunk" and there he was standing on the floor. We thought it was hysterical that the next time he decided to bail out, he threw his pillow over the rail and onto the floor before going for the leap.
After that second shot we knew it was big-boy bed time.
My daughter got out of her crib at 11 months!!! After the 2nd time, we just took one side off the crib and made it a "toddler bed". My husband's cousin was in a crib til she was almost 4! Never showed any signs of trying to climb out. When she woke up and wanted out, she'd pick up the baby monitor and yell into it until someone came and released her. I, on the other hand, stopped using a baby monitor when the kid was a year old or so. I figured by that time the SIDS risk was gone, and she could come get me if something was wrong. I'll probably do the same with #2. I just hope he doesn't climb quite as early as her.

my brother in law referred to our second as "the spare child" which was really funny because the level of care or should I say "over-care" was greatly reduced. She turned out fine too.

There's a pink-eye epidemic going on around here (no shit!) and I am worried that I have it now. My eyes have been red and itchy for over a week now, but I thought it was just allergies, because I have had pink eye before and it felt different. Now I'm not so sure.

On top of that, I visited Guam over the weekend and did the muddiest, wettest, nastiest Hash House Harriers run (an off-road trail run) that I have ever done in my life; wallowing through hip-deep carabao (=water buffalo) mud pits, turbid raging streams, jamming mud up my butt on 200-foot, 50-degree terror slides, etc.. Guam is known for being a hotbed for leptospiroris, so most who were there advised a trip to the doctor for a prescription of doxicycline as a "prophylaxis."

So I guss I have to finally go to the doctor. Probably get my wrist X-rayed as well, and finally try to resolve that problem.

There's a pink-eye epidemic going on around here (no shit!) and I am worried that I have it now. My eyes have been red and itchy for over a week now, but I thought it was just allergies, because I have had pink eye before and it felt different. Now I'm not so sure.
On top of that, I visited Guam over the weekend and did the muddiest, wettest, nastiest Hash House Harriers run (an off-road trail run) that I have ever done in my life; wallowing through hip-deep carabao (=water buffalo) mud pits, turbid raging streams, jamming mud up my butt on 200-foot, 50-degree terror slides, etc.. Guam is known for being a hotbed for leptospiroris, so most who were there advised a trip to the doctor for a prescription of doxicycline as a "prophylaxis."

So I guss I have to finally go to the doctor. Probably get my wrist X-rayed as well, and finally try to resolve that problem.
I got pink eye using the vacuum attachment on the leaf blower back in NJ. The doctor gave me the standard drops that gave me a TOXIC reaction. but that's got nothing on leptospiroris. I'd get it checked out.

^Eh. :dunno: Leptospirosis scares go through here on an annual basis. Several years back, an 18-year old kid died of it, and a few friends of mine came down with the "serious" form of it (Weil's disease) after adventure races, and had to go on dialysis temporarily because their kidneys shut down. Everyone got all scared because we're always out mucking through the jungle, where it lives, and every little case of diarrhea or fever would send us into the ER all terrified that we were going to die. I got very sick during that time - worse fever that I could have ever imagined - but the blood test results came back negative for lepto, and even for the antibodies, which meant that I had probably never even been exposed to it, despite 300+ runs through the jungle at the time. It was probably dengue fever (a virus), or any number of things with similar symptoms.

Anyway, long story short, I'll probably go ahead and ask for the doxy anyway while I'm in the hospital. Lepto is pretty scary stuff, but probably no more than a dozen other things I would have more probability of contracting (even the complications of letting pink eye get away from me!) from a trip to Guam.

Well, I still felt kinda crappy today, so I called in. I guess I'll watch Transformers.

^^^ Me too. Except I am trying to figure out why my remote sensing data is spatially skewed (in this case SCREWED) for my grad project !!! :eek:ldman: :brickwall:

JR

I hate a horrible headache... I can't take any more Motrin for it (I already took 6).

I worked straight through to about 8 last night, got in this morning before 7, and started working through lunch (ordered in) when it really started to hurt.

No place to run and hide today either.

Have you seen Knocked Up?? :D

Sorry...I hope you're ok Dleg. That's the first thing I think of when I hear pink eye.

^^^We moved my son into a bed last night from his crib (he displayed his strength and agility by showing me how he could throw one leg over the crib, hold on, swing the other leg over, and then drop down to a running position and take off... needless to say, we are scared that he would fall in the dark trying the same manuever. Last night he resisted sleeping in the bed (that looks like a car). Finally we got him to to go to bed, but my wife and I didn't sleep much last night waiting for him to come running into our room (which he didn't do of course).
There is not enough coffee in the world for me today. (Plus I get my performance review this afternoon).

-Ray
Good luck on your performance review Ray! I just got my feedback, after 3 months of waiting. I got a 16 -- whatever that means. I have a meeting Thursday to find out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Transformers sucked. I cut it off after about an hour. Seemed to be an ad for GM/eBay/BK.

Still feeling blah, but glad I'm not looking at skewed (screwed) data.

^^^Thanks frazil.

I scored the highest in my department, again (8.111 out of 10). Basically my boss told me that management is very happy with my performance and getting both my PE and LEED AP this year. Likewise, the other guy in my position (who makes a mere $50k more than I do) got a 6. So we'll see what the end of the year brings in terms of compensation. I have done pretty well in the past, but my boss feels with the disparity between myself and the other guy, they make a bigger move than normal (naturally I reminded him that I will have two more mouths to feed in January).

Amoxcillin..ugh. I got smacked with mono the first two weeks of 7th grade and they gave me that. I broke out in spots.
I'm not feeling really great today, and it is a holiday :mad:
Same thing happens when they give pennicilin. My sister got mono while in preschool, doc thought it was strep throat and gave her pennicilin and bam...she broke out in spots.

Frazil, I have seen Knocked Up, but I don't rememebr anything about pink eye. Enlighten me...

I broke out in hives when I was a little kid on penicillin. A doctor recently had me try amoxicillin for a sinus infection, hoping that the hives were just a childhood thing, and sure enough, I had no problem.

^Thank you! That was a good laugh. There must be a lot of bare-assed pillow farting going on around the island!

Back