--**-- The Infirmary --**--

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some of us at work today decided that it would be much more tolerable if we could get drunk at work. :beerchug:
Thursday is $2 pints at the local Charlie Brown's... (everyday is $2 Miller Lites at the bar)

Looks like we have a sponsor for the big lunch on Friday though - Basil T's (nice microbrews).

-Ray

DD went to dance yesterday, but did not want to dance. Now, she LOVES to dance, so I knew something was wrong. She said her toe hurt. I looked, it was bright red around the toenail, with a section of whitish-green pus. So, this morning we went to the doctor and were told that she has a staph infection! EWWWWW! So, we're on to round 2 of antibiotics in less than 10 days (round 1 was for a sinus infection last week). Damn... Doc actually said that it probably would've been worse if she hadn't been on antibiotics all last week. At least she could go back to school today... just no PE.

^^^ One time I was at contaminated site and the consultant who purchased the environmental liability was trying to convince me that bentonite slurry walls were the way to go.

He proceeded to pick up a stick and start drawing a schematic diagram in the sand for how the bentonite wall would be installed and wanted me to AGREE to thier plan on the spot so they could proceed with thier bid procurements. I was like ... um .. I need a report that has been signed and sealed by a P.E. to which I got the :huh: look. :true:

Some people ........... :eek:ldman:

JR

^^^ of topic but I love your icon jregieng. Beaker was my favorite muppet, followed closely by Animal. Meep, meep, Meep!

Last edited by a moderator:
Beaker was my favorite muppet too. Is it an engineering thing?

We had a company booze cruise last night and I got way too drunk. Luckily I didnt make an ass of myself in front of the big boss but Im feeling like crap today. Leaving at lunch.

^^^ of topic but I love your icon jregieng. Beaker was my favorite muppet, followed closely by Animal. Meep, meep, Meep!
Thanks !! :) I figured beaker is a lot closer to my persona than Dee Snyder :true: I also like the Grumpy Old Guys in the balcony but even though I approach that level of cynicism at times that really doesn't reflect me well :)

We had a company booze cruise last night and I got way too drunk.
I was invited to one of those before and declined - it just seemed WAY TOO EASY to find myself in murky waters. Hope you feel better! :)

JR

Last edited:
All you can eat chili cook-off in Ludlow, VT today. $5 entry fee. One of our fondest annual traditions - gorge ourselves on 20 different kinds of chili then belch it off while taking a scenic foliage drive.

My GI tract is so not amused right now. On the other hand, once you get out of the valley I live in to higher elevations, the leaves rock.

The gastric torture continues. I went to an Okoberfest yesterday and pigged out on beer and free sausage, samples of hot sauce, etc. Then we went home and made our own Oktoberfest themed dinner.

I am in sad shape today. My tummy is begging me for mercy. Unfortunately, I've created a toxic death cloud around my desk. And I think I've exceeded the 'fsi' (farts per square inch) rating of my chair here.

The gastric torture continues. I went to an Okoberfest yesterday and pigged out on beer and free sausage, samples of hot sauce, etc. Then we went home and made our own Oktoberfest themed dinner.
I am in sad shape today. My tummy is begging me for mercy. Unfortunately, I've created a toxic death cloud around my desk. And I think I've exceeded the 'fsi' (farts per square inch) rating of my chair here.
Are you self cotained in an office, or are you sharing with fellow cubicle dwellers?

^ A little of both. There are several large, self-contained rooms broken into 2-3 cubes each. I'm in the engineering room with my boss and one typically vacant space that is occupied once every 2 weeks or so.

So it's just me and him right here, but there are a couple printers in our room that others come in to use.

^ A little of both. There are several large, self-contained rooms broken into 2-3 cubes each. I'm in the engineering room with my boss and one typically vacant space that is occupied once every 2 weeks or so.
So it's just me and him right here, but there are a couple printers in our room that others come in to use.
In our old office there were 5 or 6 of us in one room, it was tight quarters. You knew everyone's business and some of the smells were horrible. (One guy ate Indian food every day, he'd microwave it and it would stink up the whole department).

At least I had an operable window there.

Here I sit in a perimeter office (glass wall on the corridor side)... I can't decide if I feel like a fish in the aquarium or a prisoner in a cell.

-Ray

I called in late to work .. but at this point in the day it just isn't worth going in now. I guess that gives me a little time to do ... other things like my school project. :smileyballs:

JR

I called in late to work .. but at this point in the day it just isn't worth going in now. I guess that gives me a little time to do ... other things like my school project. :smileyballs:
JR
I am literally all caught up with my work right now. Mostly because I can't get started on my big job until after Wednesday's meeting and the other one I am trying wrap up needs info from tomorrow afternoon's meeting.

(After Wednesday's meeting, I'll be burning 70+ hours a week for about a month and a half).

-Ray

(After Wednesday's meeting, I'll be burning 70+ hours a week for about a month and a half).
now there's something to look forward to. :smileyballs:

now there's something to look forward to. :smileyballs:
I can't wait. So much for a couple of fall striped bass trips I was planning!

I know what I am in for, my boss knows what he is giving me, and he still doesn't see the need to assign one of the staff guys here to help me out. I am trying to tie up all my loose ends on other jobs by mid next week for the big effort that I know lies ahead.

-Ray

cheerleader3.gif
Gooooooooooo Columbus!! I've been able to get tons done today because no one else has it off!

^^^^ Awesome smiley!! :plusone: :bananalama:

Looks like you are supercharged on some super caffeine :laugh:

JR

Back