--**-- The Infirmary --**--

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^ Thanks, I've heard that before too (about going outside). The doctor gave me a perscription for an albuterol (sp?) inhaler and a mask, which helps babies get the medicine out of the inhaler. That was supposed to help with the breathing, but I went to the pharmacy and they told me is was going to cost $100!! After insurance! (the mask apparently isn't covered)

I decided not to get it, after walking around the store for 15 minutes with 2 cranky kids trying to decide. I figured I would just take her outside if it got bad, or come back to the store and buy it. Fortunately, she is doing much, much better today. Yay! I can't believe how much that cost - for something that was only going to help with the symptoms, not speed up the healing at all.

^ Thanks, I've heard that before too (about going outside). The doctor gave me a perscription for an albuterol (sp?) inhaler and a mask, which helps babies get the medicine out of the inhaler. That was supposed to help with the breathing, but I went to the pharmacy and they told me is was going to cost $100!! After insurance! (the mask apparently isn't covered)
I guess the old fashioned way really is better sometimes.

I decided not to get it, after walking around the store for 15 minutes with 2 cranky kids trying to decide. I figured I would just take her outside if it got bad, or come back to the store and buy it. Fortunately, she is doing much, much better today. Yay! I can't believe how much that cost - for something that was only going to help with the symptoms, not speed up the healing at all.
I recall that my wife put a cool mist humidifier in the room to help my son when he was small and had it. I believe we used this type.

cool mist humidifier

It's really painful to listen to a small kid with a croupy cough and not be able to help them.

Hope she's feeling better soon.

FOOD POISONING!!

I've puked 11 times since 1:45 this morning. I'm real dehydrated but can't keep anthing down.

The cramps feel like I have some alien demon spawn growing inside of me.

:bawling:

FOOD POISONING!!
I've puked 11 times since 1:45 this morning. I'm real dehydrated but can't keep anthing down.

The cramps feel like I have some alien demon spawn growing inside of me.

:bawling:

:( hope you feel better...do yuo know what got you sick?

Try a little water, Sprite, or ginger ale over a LOT of ice to get it very cold. Small sips might stay down. Hope you feel better. Don't get too dehydrated. See a doctor if you need to.

:( hope you feel better...do yuo know what got you sick?
Ate a Chinese buffet for lunch yesterday. Could have been anything from undercoked meat to dirty veggies to rice sitting out too long. I've been there 100 times before without a problem, so I think it's just a fluke.

Try a little water, Sprite, or ginger ale over a LOT of ice to get it very cold. Small sips might stay down. Hope you feel better. Don't get too dehydrated. See a doctor if you need to.
I got some ginger ale down and have sucked on a couple peppermint candies as they can help to. As for dehydrated, I lost about 3-4 lbs of water weight. Need to rehydrate!

Why is it that ginger ale works better than water when you're sick? Water would make me puke, but I could keep the ginger ale down. just doesn't seem logical to me.

Why is it that ginger ale works better than water when you're sick? Water would make me puke, but I could keep the ginger ale down. just doesn't seem logical to me.
maybe it's the ginger part...although there probably isn't any actual ginger in ginger ale? I've never looked to see, but I do enjoy having a glass every so often.

Good to hear you got at least something down VT. At least you don't have to take the test tomorrow.

I prefer Schwepps ginger ale it seems to have less carbonation than most.

(note to self: skip Chinese buffet)

Are you going to tell them about it, or just head back there next week to test out your fluke theory?

(note to self: skip Chinese buffet)
That's a pretty good note. I will not eat at buffet-style places anymore unless I am dragged kicking and screaming and even then I am reluctant to eat much if anything.

It isn't that I have some conspiracy theory about buffet-style grazing - I just have reached a place in my life that I prefer something that is brought from the kitchen that is made for ME. :)

JR

That's a pretty good note. I will not eat at buffet-style places anymore unless I am dragged kicking and screaming and even then I am reluctant to eat much if anything.
It isn't that I have some conspiracy theory about buffet-style grazing - I just have reached a place in my life that I prefer something that is brought from the kitchen that is made for ME. :)

JR
I tend to agree with your way of thinking.

Well something got ahold of my large intestine last night and wrung that thing out. In addition to being unpleasant, I didn't get much sleep. Thanks to the wonders of Immodium, I'm feeling a little better, but decided to stay out, just in case. I mean, that's what sick leave's for.

Why is it that the History Channel, Discovery channel and learing channel all have nothing on when I'm sick? It ain't right!

Well something got ahold of my large intestine last night and wrung that thing out. In addition to being unpleasant, I didn't get much sleep. Thanks to the wonders of Immodium, I'm feeling a little better, but decided to stay out, just in case. I mean, that's what sick leave's for.
Why is it that the History Channel, Discovery channel and learing channel all have nothing on when I'm sick? It ain't right!
no doubt one too many CABs while others are diligently working. serves you right, you bastard!

j/k: Cap'n I hope you're ship shape in no time.

Just last week my son got viciously attacked by some stomach bug. He was fine at supper and then went out to his friend's house. Out of the blue, he felt nauseous and proceeded to projectile vomit. He was back home immediately (even had a friend drive him home because he didn't want to drive himself). He was up all night and a fair amount of the following day emptying his gullet and then some (from both ends). Howver, by nightfall things were pretty much back to normal.

Hope yours passes as quickly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope you feel better, Capt. At least you can spam if there's nothing good on the tube.

Thanks, y'all. I was wondering if it was a bug, too. Luckily, I didn't have the projectile vomiting. That bug seems to be going around my ife's school.

Back